Kier completely ignores him and goes back to trying to bite into the other can. Luke lets out a sigh and tries to take it from him so he can open it. Kier snarls at him defensively when he takes the food but watches him as he opens it with the can opener.

When Luke's opened it, he passes it back to Kier, who snatches it off him again. The sudden movement makes Luke's hand get cut by the can of food.

"Shit." Luke mutters, cradling the cut hand.

Kier reacts in an unusual way at the blood and just clutches the side of his head in an ear-piercing scream.

"No, it's fine, don't worry about it-" Luke tries but Kier's already fled deeper into the castle to avoid seeing the blood.

Luke looks in the direction that he went in with a slight frown before treating the cut on his hand.

*

Blue panics when he senses the Cardinal's presence is nearby, feeling completely helpless when the powerful vampire enters the room that he's in.

"So, you're hiding out here... what is it you mean to do here, exactly?" The vampire chuckles.

"I'm dead, there's nothing I can do." Blue shakily replies, still slightly fearful of the creature which had him killed in the first place.

"That's a lie and we both know it." The vampire growls, using his power to make Blue take form. "I've found two kids in one of my paintings... making a mess... I know you have a hand in that." He continues, standing over Blue to intimidate him even more.

"You can try to kill me again, I'm sure it's not going to work." Blue growls to defend his small territory.

The vampire smirks. "I wonder, did you hear all of your partner's screams while I had him tortured?"

Blue glares at the vampire in a mixture of hatred and regret.

The vampire doesn't need to hear him answer. "After I killed you, he completely lost his mind." He taunts. "I took it upon myself to torture him for three years, just until he would hardly even act human. Now, listen to him: he's out there, looking for you. It's so primal the way he searches for his beloved, dear, deceased partner."

Blue grinds his jaw angrily at the sound of this and tightens his hands into fists.

"Oh, that's cute." The Cardinal chuckles. "You know, seeing you like this, without all of those scars, makes me want to kill you all over again."

"None of your weapons can hurt me." Blue growls defiantly.

The vampire's smirk widens. "True." As he says this his hand lights up in a dark red colour. Blue's eyes widen at the sight and he does everything he can to disappear as the vampire reaches out to grab him with his glowing hand.

Blue cries out in pain as his scars slowly resurface under the vampire's touch. His semi-transparent figure shows all of his injuries: a deep scar across his throat; claw marks leaving slashes all over his torso and face; deep gashes on his arms; and severed hands.

The vampire stops and smiles at the sight. "You keep forgetting that my magic is superior to yours, I can't get rid of you but I can make sure you remember how you died."

Blue pants a little to catch his breath after all the screaming he did and glares at the vampire. "I don't need to be reminded, I remember clear enough." He mutters.

"I would've thought so, I did make sure to have fun killing you. It's a relief to know that even your screams sound the same." The Cardinal smirks. "It means, I haven't lost my touch."

Blue narrows his eyes at him. "What did you do... to the kids?" He checks after a while.

The vampire scratches his chin, faking being deep in thought. "I didn't do anything, they just crumbled under my power." He smirks.

Blue's eyes widen in fear. "Y-you didn't-" He checks.

"-No need." The vampire cuts in. "That poor sorcerer, I think I might've been a little hard on him." He chuckles, turning his back on Blue and leaving the room.

The sounds of Kier's screams echo loudly against the castle's walls, almost like he's wailing a name.

His real name... not the alias that he's given to the other two.

"Kier..." He murmurs sadly.

Blue shakes his head to try to shake off the sound, knowing fully well that if he tries to call out to Kier, it sends him into further insanity. Instead he tries to fix his appearance by getting rid of the scars and wounds. The more he tries the more he becomes transparent until he just gives up and disappears completely again while he waits for the others to return.