Friends Still Care

Halston was sitting on the couch alone at her house. For the past week she was anxiously waiting for her manager to call and tell her she got the part of Lacey in Paper Towns. Halston wanted this role so bad. She just kept looking at her phone on the coffee table.

Just waiting, and waiting, and waiting....

"Halston I'm sorry to barge in but can I please use your"

"Woah woah woah" Halston stood up after she saw James barge in running behind Fox while holding his leash. "James what the hell are you doing here? And how'd you even get in?Oh and you know I'm not taking you back right "

"Door was unlocked" he replied "and yeah that's not why I'm here. Halston I just really need to pee" he quickly said the last sentence.

"Oh well go go go. Here I'll take Fox" she took fox's leash from him.

"Thanks, you're a doll" James said before running upstairs.

Halston looked down at Fox "here boy, want a doggy treat?" The two walked into the kitchen and Halston fed him a treat.

"OW...Crap!" They heard from upstairs

"You alright?" Halston called out

"Cramp..ow...ugh damn it and I still need to pee!"

Halston bent down to Fox's side. "Fox should I have told your daddy my family just installed a downstairs bathroom?"

Fox barked and wagged his tale.

"Shh" Halston smirked and winked.Just then Halston's phone rung. "Oh my god!" Halston ran over to the living room, almost stepping on Fox in the process. "Sorry Fox" she quickly said. "Hello....yeah...okay great, thank you!" Halston hung up and took a second to process everything. Until she "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

"What what what happened?" James said while he ran downstairs and saw Halston in the living room. "Halston what's going on?"

"James!" She ran over to him "okay so you know how I asdrgjkih. And then I segkugkkk. Well I just got the call and adrbikfshklk ahhhh."

"Halston....in English" James stared at her wide eyed.

"IM PLAYING LACEY IN PAPER TOWNS. TAKE THAT SUPER PRETTY GIRL I SAW IN THE AUDITION ROOM. EVEN THOUGH THATS NOT WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT!"

"Wow...you got the part! Oh that's awesome Hals!" James said

"Oh well you know, I'm kinda a big deal now so" Halston did a hair flip trying to act cool.

"Well hey when you're up there winning your Oscar, don't forget about me." James said

"And while you, James are accepting your AMA. You know, after your collab with Justin Timberlake on the stage. Don't forget about me." She smiled.