ii. TAKE ME TO CHURCH

Comincia dall'inizio

The small smile on her face revealed that immediately, Foster able to see the werewolf smiling faintly to himself through the reflection of the side mirror. A blush was evident on both of their faces, the two of them still looking like middle schoolers in puppy love.

Soon enough, the tires of Stiles' jeep were tearing across the sandy terrain, following in pursuit of Braeden's motorcycle. Foster wasn't exactly sure what they'd be met with when they got to La Iglasia. She also wasn't certain she wanted to know considering that Derek was with Kate. While Foster was fortunate enough not to meet the woman she had heard so much about in the hallways at school her sophomore year, Foster would not be excited to meet her.

Growing restless and full of questions, Malia popped her head in between the two seats and questioned, "Okay, I'll ask. Who's Kate Argent?"

From beside her, Kira merely raised her hand. "Uh - I'd like to know, too."

"Well, we were at her funeral so I'd like to know how she got out of a casket that was six feet underground," Stiles muttered bitterly, remembering the day himself and Scott hid behind gravestones in order to be there for Allison in support. 

Realization hit Scott like a tidal wave, the boy murmuring, "She was never in it."

Malia and Kira, still both very confused glanced over toward Lydia when the banshee spoke up. "She was Allison's aunt and a total sociopath."

"Downright crazy," Foster muttered from the other side, her eyes trained on the rocky stones out in the middle of the desert. 

Being the less outspoken of the two, Kira spoke, "You don't have to talk about it now if you don't want to." Kira, although not knowing Allison as well as the others, knew that hearing her name was enough to bring a pang to her chest. She wasn't able to fathom how hard the loss hit Scott, Lydia, Foster, and Stiles.

Malia, on the other hand, wanted to know who this sociopath was if they were going to end up having a run in with her. Understandably so, though. "Um - yes, he does."

The former coyote shot him a questioned look, Scott finally breathing out, "Yeah, she's right. You guys should know, you need to know."

Unsure of how to start this out, Stiles sighed before speaking instead. "Alright, Kate's the one who set the fire that killed most of Derek's family."

"Some of them survived like Cora and Peter," Scott added on, Foster noticeably cringing at the sound of his name. Kira glanced toward her friend in concern, wondering what had happened to make Foster so jumpy around his name, but Foster merely dismissed it with a wave of her hand. 

"A very angry Peter," Lydia added on.

"A very psychotic one at that," Foster muttered bitterly.

"Yeah," Scott breathed out, thinking about the irony of it all. "He's the one who bit and turned me."

"And the one who finally caught up to Kate," Lydia revealed, Foster fully aware of how Peter tore Kate's throat out right in front of Allison. The thought of this making the memories of Peter doing it to her own mother flash through her head once again, tears pushing at the back of her eyes. She fought past it though, knowing that they'd want to know what was wrong if she started crying right there and then. She was aware of how Peter had threatened her father if she told anyone what he did, and Foster was most definitely not taking that threat lightly after what happened to Alice. "And killed her."

Foster cocked her head to the side, voicing, "Or so we thought."

"Yeah," Stiles pointed out, "but we saw her buried."