“You’re kind of overflowing the milk,” I blink and jump back when the milk is all over my shirt and on the countertop. Great. I stare at Emery when he starts cleaning up the spilled milk, his muscles moving… oh God. “you can go clean up, I got this,” Emery says as he looks over his shoulder. I put the milk down and run up the stairs. 

That was a sign right? That had to be a sign! Am I honestly that desperate that I’m looking deep into spilling my milk? Jesus, Cedes get your act together! At this point I was so frustrated with myself that I just wanted to dig a hole, bury myself in it, and cry and cry. 

If Emery liked me then why did he and Jenna say the things they did at dinner? Was it just an act? 

“AHHHH!” I scream as I punch my wall. “ow, ow, ow, ow,” I whimper as I cradle my hurting hand. Pathetic. 

“You alright?” Emery questions as I walk to the freezer downstairs. I nod and keep in my tears at my pounding fist. Jesus Christ that is nothing like it is on the TV! I grab the ice pack and look down at my bleeding knuckles. Excellent. I try to move my fingers but only keep in the scream when I can barely even move them without it hurting. Perfection. “what the hell did you do?” I look behind me to see Emery looking over my shoulder. Emery sighs and picks me up. My eyes widen and I gasp at the action. Emery sets me down on the countertop and walks away. I sit there with my eyebrows creased until Emery comes back with the firs aid kit. He grabs my hand and puts down the ice pack. “can you move your fingers?” I shake my head. “its swelling, definitely broken or fractured.” I pout and just let Emery clean up the blood from my knuckles. 

Karma sucks. 

*

Silver laughs at me. “Hey at least you and Emery have matching casts.” I throw a grape at her. 

“Did you hear shortie punched her wall and broke her hand?” Matt asks Cade. Cade looks at me then burst into laughter. Hyena laughter. 

“You did not!” Cade laughs out, I roll my eyes at them. After sometime of everyone laughing at me, even Ross, everyone cools down and just makes small talk with one another until Brittany walks over to the table. “hey,” Cade says as he pulls out the chair next to him and Brittany sits next to him. She smiles at him and waves at all of us. 

Brittany was the definition of gorgeous. She had long brown hair that was naturally straight, the longest eyelashes ever, popping light brown eyes, plump pink lips, skinny oval face, skinny, tall, and overall she was thee dream girl. She had an amazing personality as well. She wasn’t too quiet and wasn’t too loud. She was sweet, kind, and honest. What I’m saying is anyone would go lesbian for her. Even me. She was lucky to have Cade. 

“Cedes, what happened?” Brittany asks and everyone laughs, again. 

Just kill me. 

*

I knock on Noah’s door and then open it. 

“Oh, hi Alexandra…” I say when I find her on Noah’s bed. 

Alexandra’s eyes widen and she quickly stands up from Noah’s bed. “Hi, Cedes,” I look around Noah’s room to find him missing. “he ran to the bathroom real quick,” Alexandra replies, I just nod and stuff my hands in my hoodie. 

Was Noah cheating on me? 

“Cedes?” I look over to see Noah walking in. “what are you doing here?” he questions. 

I arch an eyebrow. “I wanted to talk to you, real quick,” I answer. 

Noah looks over at Alexandra then looks at me. “We can talk outside my room, if you want?” I nod and we walk outside his room. “what’s up?” 

“Are you cheating?” I blurt and I sigh at myself. 

Noah shrugs. “Cedes, you kissed Emery when you were at Nevada. What’s the difference if I’m hanging out with a girl?” 

I am completely taken back at this mean side of Noah. “When I told you, you acted okay! If you weren’t okay then why didn’t you tell me?!” I burst out at him. 

“Because, I don’t know, Cedes! I don’t know. I hate how you come here, find a girl in my room, and immediately think I’m cheating on you! You hang out with the guys all the time and I don’t think you’re cheating on me! But since the Emery thing in Nevada how do I know you haven’t done the same thing before since he’s living with you?” 

“Why are you being such an ass?!” I yell. 

“Because I’ve kept it all in! Everything about Emery pisses me off, Cedes! And you don’t see it and it irritates me! Just open your damn eyes and see we haven’t been the greatest couple since you came back from Nevada!” 

“What about the dinner at my house?” I pinch the bridge of my nose and place my hand on my hip. “why the fuck are you exploding on me now?! NOW NOAH YOU’VE HAD THIS WHOLE TIME AND NOW YOU’RE LIKE A FUCKING BOMB GOING OFF! Why, why are you being such a douche bag now.” Noah shrugs. 

“I don’t know, Cedes, I don’t know. I love you but at the same time you piss me off.” 

“Just tell me how you really feel!” I yell as I turn around and walk out of Noah’s house. I angrily get in my car and speed off. 

Was this a sign? Is this a sign telling me its Emery? Because that came out of no where and I mean no where. I thought Noah and I were great to be honest. I didn’t know I pissed Noah off. How was I suppose to know when he’s kissing me and telling me he loves me? Then one minute he’s yelling at me and telling me that I piss him off, like what? 

All of this doesn’t make since. It really doesn’t. How could Noah be all loving one minute and just blow another. It doesn’t make since and its driving me up a wall. 

When did my life eff up so badly. 

I slam my car door shut and walk into my house, all lights off, and dead quiet. I shut the front door tight and lock it, then silently walk up the stairs. I open his door ever so gently to see him laying on his bed, asleep. I put my keys on his dresser, slip off my shoes, and slip under his covers. I stare at his white ceiling and think of all the shit that’s been happening in my life. 

“Cedes?” I roll my head on the pillow to come face to face with Emery. 

“Yeah?” I whisper, moving my eyes from his lips to his eyes. 

“Why are you crying?” he asks. I chuckle and wipe the couple tears that escaped from frustration. 

“I don’t know.” 

It was true. I didn’t know what I should be feeling. I don’t know how I’ve become such this confusing girl. I didn’t know anything anymore. I thought I knew my boyfriend but I only piss him off. So, at this point I didn’t even know what to do. 

All I know right now is that I’m staying with Emery tonight. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote <3

Comment <3

And tell me what you think <3