Prologue: Kouzai

Age 6

Th- thump

Th- thump

Th- thump

A frail and small girl takes a shallow breath her heart beat abnormally slow, her eyes opening slowly revealing one golden and one crimson orb. Her hair, half black and half white, stuck to her face as the dirt and sweat coated her skin. She tried to ease herself up from the muddy ground but a foot brutally kicked her in the face knocking her back over on to her side.

"Stay down you monster, unless you want to be kicked some more," a man snarled.

That's when reality swarmed into the girls mind once again when the whispers and murmurs of the other villagers echoed around her.

She was a monster.

Born a monster with strange eyes and strange hair.

She was once royalty, but that only lasted a few seconds. The moment she had opened her eyes on the day she was born they knew what she was. Anyone who had those strange features were considered cursed, a freak, unwanted. A monster.

The man that had repeatedly kicked her stopped, "Heh, it's no fun when you do as you were told," than stomped off done for the hour.

Blood poured from her mouth as she stood with wobbly legs. Her tattered shirt was torn even shorter now and had a new stain of crimson on the chest. She had no shoes or pants, the only thing they had offered her years ago was that very shirt she wore, it was once a pale green but over the years and the abuse and neglect it turned a gross brown. Her hair was matted and stunk with grease, the white half of her hair wasn't the beautiful normal white color but stained with blood and dirt. Her entire being stunk of filth.

The tiny girl, so thin from lack of food, placed her abused arms on her sore sides, lifted her chin ever so slightly and walked to the place she called home. A dark room where they chained her.

These people only let her out during the day so everyone else can have their so called fun.

Once to that room she was immediately thrown in and chained to the floor, "Why the hell don't any of you monsters just stay dead? Nobody wants you here Akuhei Chi."

That was her name Akuhei Chi meaning evil blood. Once the leaders of the kingdom had found out what she was they through her out into the village, making a nursery take care of her until she was able to walk and than they could let her live on the streets, the citizens were given permission to do whatever they pleased with the girl. So the year she was able to walk, which took longer than most children because of the abusive nursery, they had her live in this dark room and chained her.

Akuhei Chi never spoke, never cried, never made a sound. Everyone wondered if she was mute but truth be told, she knew things would be worse if she were to even whimper or shed a single tear. So she didn't.

Akuhei looked up out the small bared window they normally had covered up and looked at the moon.

One day... one day I will get out of here... 

That day came sooner than she thought. 

A couple of months had past when she heard several people outside of her room. They had made a plan on killing her in front of the leaders for their enjoyment that night.

Her eyes widened hearing this news, she stood up to try and hide but remembered the chains. She looked at them gloomy, her head snapping to the door hearing them unlock it. Her breathing became faster as she gripped the chains has tight as she could and concentrated with her eyes closed. 

The door opened, "What the hell are you standing up for?" one of the two men shout at her, "Get on your knees!"

She breathed in and out trying to calm down as they shouted at her and got closer. She snapped her eyes open and yanked on the chains as hard as she could which was more than enough because they snapped and clanked to the ground.

"What the he-!"

She dashed forward at inhuman speed and rushed out of the room and wheezed through the crowd outside. Pushing and shoving as people tried to restrain her but they failed, within a few minutes she was long gone. 

She fell to her knees in a pond catching her breathe.

Looking back, she cried her first happy tears, tears of pure joy.

Her voice hoarse and scratchy as she spoke her first words, "I refuse to be Akuhei Chi... I'll be... I'll be Kouzai!"