"I don't want to hear about Marcus."

Dana's head snapped up at Quinn's hoarse voice. He was flushed, and she watched his face carefully. She could see anger and frustration as clear as day. It was just as clear as it had been on Marcus's face, but the difference was she wasn't afraid of Quinn.

But why was he so angry?  Was it because she wanted to kiss him? She gathered her courage and opened her mouth to ask, but he cut her off before she even spoke.

"Stop, I have something to say, but I need a moment to find the words."

Dana sat very still, waiting. Quinn's jaw muscle was jumping as he clenched his jaw. Finally, he decided what he was going to say, and his eyes drilled into hers. "When this is over when your divorce is final..." He stopped running a hand through his hair. "If you still feel the same way, I would be honored to take you up on your offer."

Dana's heart leaped. "A kiss?" she whispered

Quinn gave a gentle smile. "It has not been easy saying no to you Dana. I have wanted to kiss you just as much as you have wanted to be kissed. If I am honest, I want a lot more than just a kiss, but you have to be clean of any scandal, and if asked you have to be able to answer all questions honestly, especially that you have been faithful to your husband."

She had not thought of it that way. Just as soon as she had that thought, she had another.  Did he want to do more than kiss her? She felt her cheeks grow hot at the idea. It would be all her dreams come true.

"Although I was sure that Bryce would be the natural one for you to develop a crush on."

"Crush?"

Quinn nodded.  "It is natural. You weren't able to have the normal experiences that a-,"

"I have had crushes before Quinn," Dana said drily, she had been a teenager. She was not ready to tell him that what she felt was so much more than a crush. She smiled remembering that he had said he wanted more than a kiss, and she suddenly felt empowered.  A man like Quinn wanted her.

Slowly she rose and walked towards him. She got as close as she could.  Their bodies were all but touching, and she was bending her head back to look up into his eyes hoping he would see the sincerity there. With her shoes off, she barely reached his chin.

She felt their breath mingle in the hint of a kiss, and Dana placed her hand on his chest, feeling his heartbeat. "I have no desire to kiss Bryce. I do desire to kiss you and touch you." She looked at her hand, feeling his heart accelerate at her words.

She didn't see Quinn's hands ball into fists, and she had no idea how long they just stood there staring at each other, their bodies talking for them, but the moment was instructed by a sudden knock at the door.

"Everything alright?" Bryce's voice asked from the other side.

Quinn gave a quiet groan, allowing himself to touch her cheek before he moved away to open the door while Dana lowered herself onto the bed.

"Yes big brother, we're managing."

Dana wasn't sure if he was talking about their managing not to kiss or managing to get her ready for bed. She felt a little shiver go up her spine at the thought of Quinn really helping to put her to bed.

"Can I talk to you for a minute Dana?"

Quinn moved to leave.

"Please stay?" Dana asked.

Quinn shook his head, "No, I do not need to be a part of this."

"He's right Dana." Bryce agreed "Are you still leaving on Saturday?" Bryce asked Quinn.

Dana's eyes moved from Bryce to Quinn.  He was leaving, why?

"Yes." Quinn had no expression as he met Dana's gaze.

Bryce nodded in approval.

"Quinn?" Dana asked, wanting answers to so many questions.

"Just know that I meant what I said, Dana." He gave her a lopsided smile then closed the door behind him as he left.

Dana was in shock. She hadn't thought of Quinn leaving. What would it be like not to see him every day?

"We'll be going back to New York on Monday Dana, so it doesn't matter whether Quinn is here or not.  He has to take care of some estate business in England."

"England?"

"Yes, Kent. We have a home there."

Dana's mind was overwhelmed.

"I can see you're done for this evening; we will try to talk some tomorrow." Bryce gave her an odd look before he left her alone.

Quinn was leaving; she felt her chest tighten at the thought.  She might not ever see him again. He had told her had meant what he said, but if he was in England and she was in New York, he would forget.

She didn't even bother to change her clothes as she climbed under the covers and started to cry at the unfairness of it.