"I don't see how this will work Bryce.  Even if the divorce goes through, he'll find me, and he'll hurt me.  I can't stay here forever."

Bryce rose and put his arm around her shoulders.  "Let's worry about one thing at a time."

"Why, why are you all helping me? You don't even know me," she asked as she wiped the tears from her face.

Quinn was very quiet.

"Because we can," Bryce answered simply as he escorted her out of the room.

*******

Quinn watched his brother's arm on Dana's shoulders and felt his gut tighten. He was jealous, and he knew he was, but what could he do if Dana had developed a case of hero worship? She was so young.

Quinn sat his glass down and took a deep breath, pulling the files towards him.

By the time Bryce returned he had already gone through the files, and he had been physically ill in the trashcan.  "How could someone live like that and survive."

"I tried to warn you." He sat on the couch watching Quinn closely.

"She thinks we pity her." Quinn rested his head in his hands.

"Pity?" Bryce shook his head. "That is not what I feel."

"What do you feel?" Quinn demanded.

"Not what you feel." Bryce's eyes meet his. "Be careful brother. I'm not about to try to tell you what you feel, but be sure it is not a case of a damsel in distress.  I know you need to heal and nurture, and Dana definitely needs that but, her divorce is not final and an affair could hurt the proceedings."

"I'm aware of that." Quinn bit out. Why else would he turn down that offer she had made in his office that day? It had made his toes curl, and it had taken every ounce of his willpower not to kiss her right there.

"Would you put those files in the safe? I don't want anyone else to see them."

Quinn nodded silently, doing what Bryce asked. He didn't even want to touch the files, but Bryce was right.  He couldn't begin to imagine what Lizzy and his mother would do if they saw them. Most likely get a rope, form a two-party lynch mob, and head to New York, and Quinn would be right beside them.

*******

That night Dana did not dream of Quinn.  She dreamt of Marcus, and she woke up screaming.

The door to her room flew open, and Bryce was there, looking around checking for intruders. When he saw the room was empty except for her, he moved to the bed and sat down taking her hands in his.

"Dana," he squeezed her hands, "Dana it's Bryce, you're alright."

"He's coming, you have to make Lizzy and Elizabeth leave." For some reason, she was sure that he would hurt them or they would get hurt trying to defend her.

Bryce rubbed her hands while making soothing noises, not listening to her.

She saw Quinn standing in the doorway with his mother, sister, and brother behind him, and she reached out for him. "Quinn."

Bryce stood up making room for Quinn.

"What is it Dana." He tucked some of her hair behind her ear as he sat next to her.

"He's coming, he knows where I am. I don't know how, but I know." She looked at Elizabeth and Lizzy who had concern and confusion in their eyes.

"You have to make them leave. Please, he'll hurt them."

"Bryce, I think it is time we knew what was going on here," Elizabeth commanded.

Dana just stared into Quinn's eyes. Not really hearing the whispered conversation going on in the hallway.

"You believe me?" She pleaded.

"Yes, I do."

Dana started crying, and Quinn gathered her in his arms. "It'll be O.K. Dana."

Bryce closed the door behind him and as soon as he did the atmosphere changed. Dana realized she was in bed with Quinn and he was only wearing a pair of pajama bottoms.  Her cheek was resting against his bare chest, a chest that was muscular and covered in curly blond hair. She could hear his strong heartbeat under her ear. She heard it pick up speed and hers answered in response.

No longer crying, she tentatively reached her hand up and ran her fingers through the curls, and a he felt his muscles quiver in response to her touch.

"Quinn?"

"No Dana." He stood up and moved away from her.

She didn't know what to do.  Her husband had liked her to strip down in front of him.

Dana rose, and reaching up she moved her nightgown off her shoulders, letting it fall to the floor. "Please Quinn."

He took a deep and shaky breath, running both of his hands through his hair as his eyes devoured her. "You're upset from your dream Dana." He tried to reason for both of them.

Dana could only stare at him pleading with her eyes.  The dream was still there but so was Quinn, and Quinn was stronger than the dream.

Finally, no longer able to take it, he reached out and grabbed her pulling her against him.  They were skin against skin and Dana felt her stomach drop, and her knees gave way. He felt so good. His fingers ran up her spine, and she arched her back pushing against him. She had never felt anything like it. His lips were so close, and all she wanted was a kiss.

Just then there was a sharp rapping on the door, and Quinn pushed her away, turning his back and moving to the other side of the bed.

"Put your gown back on Dana. Please." This time he was the one to plead with her.

"Quinn," Bryce's warning came through the door.

"Its fine Bryce, we are even on opposite sides of the room." Quinn looked back over his shoulder to see that she had dressed and was sitting in the chair in the corner.

He walked to the door and opened it, and Bryce immediately looked from one to the other.

Dana was looking out the window, and Quinn met his eyes squarely. "Did you fill Mom and Lizzy in on what was going on?"

"No, I can't, only Dana can."

"You have my permission to tell them anything you want," Dana said, her voice was without emotion. Quinn's rejection hurt.

"Try to and get some sleep," Quinn said, leaving the room without looking at her. Quinn had pushed her away.  She had finally found a man she wanted, and he didn't want her.