Preface/Chapter 1

Hello. This is my first story I have posted. Please give me feedback, but be kind. I would love to hear what you guys think.

                            True love is magical how ever some true love comes with a price.

                                                                              Preface

Some people wait a lifetime for true love, others find it sooner, and some never find it at all. When it happened to me— is etched in my memory forever.

The sun was out, not that you could tell because the clouds had it caged. The air was so thick with moisture it was hard to breath. I noticed in this town the weather wasn’t the only strange thing going on. Blue Lake is a small community on the outskirts of Eureka, California. The town is nestled by the pacific coast and the Shasta Trinity National forest. The land is wild, beautiful and mountainous, and some of the trees around here have seen more than I could imagine. Who thought in a town so small there could be secrets that are hidden deep. Most people could never dream of the things I have seen in the last year. I have lived here my whole life, in the same house on the same street. Nothing exciting goes on here, but since that day my life will be forever changed. I found my true love and I paid the price. Was it worth it? Absolutely.

                                                                                   Chapter 1

My alarm woke me at 6:00 a.m.. I rolled over and groaned. I had tossed and turned all night. Dreading having to go back to school. I dragged myself up and grabbed my clothes so I could get into the shower. I let the water hit me as I stepped in, the spray felt wonderful as it cascaded over me. I stayed there until the water ran cold then got out to get dressed. I pulled a brush through my hair as I dried it, then brushed my teeth, and added a little makeup. I checked the mirror one more time, then I made sure I had all my supplies. Grabbing my bag I headed down stairs.

My house was just a small two story on the outskirts of town, tan with ivory trim. My dad who works for the city of Eureka, and a helpless workaholic, who dreams of fixing it up. He says that it will help the resale, but first he has to find the time. When he’s not working he enjoys fishing with his buddies on the coast, and hunting in the near by reserve.

My mom took off on us when I was a baby, the story my dad tells me is she just couldn’t deal with him gone so much, but I think she couldn’t deal with the roles of wife and mother. He blames himself says if he were home more she would have stayed. We haven’t heard from her since.

We got through the awkward pre-teen thing, we were both red with embarrassment by the time we were done but he would say what he felt he needed to and then we would go on about our day never to mention it again.

He worries he leaves me alone too much, but I don’t mind I enjoy the quiet. Were a lot alike in that way. Not needing to fill the silence every moment.

I went to the fridge and got the milk and some cereal from the cabinet and sat down to eat. The kitchen was small with a bay window looking out to the front yard, and a small table in front of it where I ate my cereal. Wood cabinets along one wall and the fridge and stove on the other, with a small laundry room off of it. The rest of the house consisted of a living room and two bedrooms with a shared bath upstairs.