The Night of the Wedding

Start from the beginning

Lizzie took off her vail that was perfectly draped across her face and tossed it near her shoes. "Fuck it."

"Okay if we keep doing this I'm gonna end up without any clothes for sure." I said to my soon to be wife, instead of de clothing myself.

"Your right. God this day has just been a disaster for me. I can tell it's been bad for you too otherwise you wouldn't be out here." My heart broke knowing that she didn't have the greatest day of her life.

This was her wedding. I didn't matter at all. All I had to do was make the girl smile, say 'I do' and kiss her passionately. I wanted my princess to feel like a princess.

"To be honest Jonny, all I really need is you standing there at the altar. Well, and cake after would be pretty great." I gave her a look. "But mostly you!"

We laughed together, hitting our legs against one another's as they dangled from the rock wall. The band was setting up closer to the waterfront but you could hear the faint sound of music being played.

I cleared my throat. "Now I know I'm usually supposed to wait for the band to be on your finger first but, malady, may I have this dance?"

She looked at me with cheeks flushed. Liz took my hand and I lifted her off the wall. "Why of course, kind sir."

The song was very quiet in the background but you could still hear it. 'I'd Rather Be With You' by Josh Radin, it was a song Liz picked out.

We waltzed on the driveway with nobody watching. We didn't need a crowd. We didn't need bouquets of flowers nor a fancy cake. We didn't need rings to say we were each other's. It was already determined.

All we needed was each other. That sounded super cheesy but it's true. The sound of someone clearing their throat knocks the two of us out of our love trance.

The chef stood there with a worried look on his face. "Uh Mr. Toews, sir. We had an issue with the kitchen and we made over one hundred bowls of soup, instead of also making steak and salad."

Over a hundred bowls of soup. Who would've ordered that, ever. There aren't even one hundred people at this god damn wedding. That's a shit ton of soup.

"It's fine, really. I'm sure we can find someone who really wants it. Don't worry." Liz told the guy while she remained calm. The chef scurried away like he was afraid she could change her mind at anytime.

"Well damn, this is just not our day is it?" I chuckled and Liz giggled along. We looked at each other and leaned in closer. I wanted nothing more than to just kiss her right now. Silence this day and make it go away.

But as our lips were about to touch a clap of thunder erupted over head. A drop of water landed on Liz's eyelash. "Was it supposed to rain today?"

My question was answered as the rain starts to pour down. Liz squeals and hugs as if I'm supposed to protect her from the rain.

I grab my jacket from the ground and use it as a shield until we make it back to the house. When we walk in we are greeted by some unhappy bridesmaids and groomsmen.

I speak first. "Uh hey g-"

"Where the hell have you been?!"

"We've been worried sick!"

"Don't you know you can't see each other before you walk down the aisle?!"

"One question at a time, please!" Liz yells to silence them all.

"I have a question!" Mr. Patrick Kane speaks up from the back. "How the hell are you not breaking down right now?"

All heads turn to the gorgeous bride to be in front of us. She stands there with that smile on her face that I fell in love with the first time I saw her.

"I honestly don't know but I realized that I do not need all of this. All I need is all of you and this guy right her." She slaps my shoulder, playfully. I shove her back and soon enough we are about to wrestle in front of everyone.

None of them say anything except for laugh at our antics. "Well the guests are waiting in the living room so can you at least just make your way in there?" Janie pleads.

Elizabeth's POV

While we are walking in the living room, Pat tugs at my arm to hold me back. "Uh Liz, thank you."

"Thank you? For what?" I ask.

"For making my best friend the happiest guy on earth. He's not serious with you. He fools around. You get him to loosen up and be him. You make him happy. I haven't seen a girl that does that in a while so thank you."

"I wish I could say it was all me but it really was a team effort, I guess. It takes a mountain but it's worth the hike." I tell him. He pulls me in for one of his famous bear hugs.

"I, um, also wanted to ask you something about Amber. " I look into his eyes, already knowing what he's going to say.

"Do you think I could ask Amber to marry-"

"Yes. A billion times yes. God Pat it's about freaking time." I wink at him and then walk into the living room to greet all the people who showed up for a lovely wedding.

Well, guess what. Plans change. They always do. Nothing is very set in stone until it is. Jonathan Toews. Wow. Only in my dreams did I think this would ever happen. But hell, life changes quicker than expected. And if you blink you just might miss the opportunities in front of you.

"So, who wants soup?"

THE END.

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHA IM SORRY IT TOOK ME SO LONG I REALLY AM! I LOVE YOU ALL JUST WAIT FOR THE EPILOGUE!!

I know I already went over this but.....

Sequel?

Lemme know babes. I looooovvveeee you all thanks for the votes and reads!