chapter 2

Brantley's pov

Finding someone when the only thing you know about them is a first name and the type of bike they ride is harder than the movies make it look. And Jessa isn't all that common of a name. I asked the bartenders; they both said she's a newer face who's only been in a handful oft times. I asked the bouncer; he remembered her nice ass but nothing else; hell I asked the janitor as we were packing up to leave that night. She told Jana the place was members only, someone's gotta know who she is!

The sound of my buddy Jake Sims pulling in on his bike jarred me from my thoughts. He's one of Ben's cousins who just moved back to the are. We all ran around together in school. He was supposed to be at the bar that night but got stuck at his shop. So we all decided to get together for a little shooting match today.

When he walked around back I could tell he had something on his mind and that something had him pissed. Truth be told it's probably a chick since that usually the only thing that fires him up. "Dude you look pissed." I told him pointing to an empty chair on the back patio. "Have a seat and spit it out before your head pops man. You can blow a few targets once everyone else gets here." He didn't even make it to the chair before he started ranting about his kid sister and how she's got a thing for some biker he don't know. "I don't care that he rides man. I just don't like not knowin who this dude is. We both know some bikers can be bad news man. I just don't want see her get hurt or mixed up with a bad crowd. I'll have to crack someone's head open B. And the stubborn little shit won't tell me who he is. Says she's a grown ass woman who can handle herself." The look in that boys eyes ment business.

"Calm down man I get what your sayin." I tell him pulling up a chair. "You know I got your back if shit goes south. We both know my friends are like family and I've got no problem thrown down any day of the week for family."

"Thanks man. That means a lot." I could see Jake visibly relax after I told him I had his back. Thank god Kolby didn't end up a girl. I'd have been in prison by now. "Only thing I can figure is she met him last weekend at that bar you guys played. Now I wish I would have said screw it and come any way. I've been here six months setting up the new shop with no issues. She been here three weeks and I'm ready to snap someone in half." He laughed to him self then looked at me, "sisters are a pain in the ass man. I love her, but man sometimes I'd love to kick her ass."

We shared a laugh then headed to the drove way to help Ben around back with his new toys and ammo. That's when I saw her, well her ass. She was leaning over Ben's tailgate reaching for something. When she saw me she gave me a cocky little smirk, "man this really is a small town of I've gotta deal with you again this soon." She said not missing a beat as she followed Ben around back.

Fucker lied to me and said he didn't know who she was and she's his cousin. We're gonna have to talk about all this bs. He even watched me question people at the damn bar.

Now I gotta tell Jake what's up cuz he heard that and is giving me one hell of a confused look. "So funny story; did I tell you about Jana bein at the bar and the cool ass chick that kept her from smackin me? I asked for her number and she turned me down." I told him with chuckle hoping to keep the situation calm. "Ya man, she sounds cool as shit from what Kolby told me brother. Hope you find her." Jake said grabbing the last of the ammo boxes from Ben's truck. "What's that got to do with my sister though man?" He asked me starting to walk back around the house. I had to stop him just in case he blew gasket. "It was your sister who stopped Jana bub." I told him taking a step back. I'm not scared of the kid but when it comes to family ya just don't know how people will react. "No need to kick my ass and I ain't kickin my own ass for you." I tell him with a smile holdings my arms up. "I personally vote we rough Ben's big ass up for knowin all this the whole damn time and not tellin either one of us man. But that's just my opinion." Jake laughs at my suggestion to go after Ben. "Lord knows it would take both of us man; but I got a better idea. What ya say we walk back there like nothin happened. Just be you but don't mention the bar and I won't bring up the biker she likes. It will confuse the hell out of both of them cuz they are expecting it." We share evil grins and a hand shake then head out back for a shooting match. This should be interesting.