I stared at the house for a long time. So many memories here. I wanted to get my mind off of everything, so I decided to go out for a drink. I jump out of my car and quickly run up the stairs and open the door to my house to get ready.

"Laken Jane, where have you been?" My mother yelled out to me. I ignored her call and ran up the narrow stairs and into my bedroom.

I walked over to my closet, opening both sets of doors. I moved all of my clothes to the side to find my appropriate clothing for a bar. I had shoved them back there so my mom wouldn't see them, a long light pink dress had covered them. I pulled out a black, fitted crop top and a dark blue skirt with a crimson-orangish color making swirly patterns. I grabbed my black heels and ran for the bathroom down the hall. I wiped makeup out from under my eyes and quickly applied dark eyeshadow and eye liner along with rather more dark red lipstick.

Running back into my room, I grabbed my phone and walked down the stairs quietly. Avoiding the kitchen and living room, where mom happened to be, I went through the door to the garage. Luckily, the garage door was already opened so I ran out that while typing my friends number in on my phone.

Kirsten Luevark

I quickly pressed the call button. She answered in two rings.

"Whatcha need bitch." She said. I rolled my eyes at my name, something we called each other all the time.

"Be ready. I'm picking you up in 5 minutes. Going to the bar." I said, my voice flat.

"Shit, okay." She chuckled at then end and hung up.

I threw my phone on the passenger seat and soon I was at her house. I honked the horn and she ran out, giving me the "bird". I chuckled and reached over and popped the door open for her.

"Thanks bitch." She opened swung the door open more.

As soon as she sat down she hugged. "Are you okay? How are you doing?" She said.

I didn't answer her, swallowing my saliva. "Let's just say he's the reason I'm coming here." I give her a small smile.

I decided not to mention meeting Ashton because she would make a big deal about it and it's too long to explain, besides, I'll never see him again.

"Watch out, dumbass!" She quickly said. I looked at road and slammed on breaks.

"Shit." I say, watching the furry cat run into the curb.

She chuckled, rubbing her head. "You almost killed Mrs. Walshes cat. She would've fucked you up." She said, her eyes more focused on the road than I was.

Mrs. Walsh was our Forsensics teacher, a widowed woman with multiple of cats. I was surprised she knew all of their names, she can barely keep up with mine.

I rolled my eyes, pushing the pedal. We were off again and the bar was coming up.

"Hell yes." Kirsten pumps her fist in the air, unbuckling her seatbelt.

I park the car, hopping out and locking the doors.

The place was full of drunk girls and sweaty guys. Kirsten blended in with the people on the dance floor, emerging into the crowd. I laughed as she squeezed her way through the tight spaces. I sat down at the bar, waiting for the bartender to ask what I needed. Hopefully my makeup will help me with the ID check. I'm not even legal to be in here. I say there in silence until a boy appeared right beside me.

He glanced over at me, not saying a few words. The bartender quickly rushed over to him. I scoff, not once did the bartender look at me or ask what I wanted to drink.

"What would you like, sir?" The bartender asked.

"Two cherry bomb shot. One for me and one for this beautiful lady right here." I blushed, realizing the person he was talking about was me.

The bartender nodded and walked away.

"Thank God." I say. "He never asked me what I wanted." I say in a pissy tone.

"I don't see why he wouldn't. He turned down an opportunity to talk to you." He said, sticking a hand out. "I'm Aaron." He smiles.

I stick my hand out, shaking his sweaty hand. "Laken." I reply back.

The boy had a charm, I just wasn't sure what it was yet.

A/n: aha I thought about having Ashton appear instead on Aaron but it's too soon. You might see Ashton in the next chapter tho

:)))