"Dean," he started, but the words got stuck halfway. Dean's smile diminished to something quieter.

"Hey," he whispered.

Cas threw himself forward and wrapped his arms around Dean's neck, and he didn't care who saw them. Actually, he wanted everyone to see them. He wanted everyone to see how much he loved Dean, and how much he missed him, and if anyone didn't like, then they could just turn the other way. He melted against Dean when he felt arms wrap around him, Dean pressing his face into his hair, fingers bunching into his sweater.

"I missed you so much," Cas sobbed, pressing closer to Dean, and Dean hushed him, held him tighter.

"It's okay. I'm home now, it's okay." He looked around at the people whispering and loosened his grip. "We probably shouldn't make a scene here," he muttered, patting Cas' back in a more platonic manner.

Cas nodded and pulled back, pulling his glasses off to wipe at his eyes, flushing. He hadn't meant to be like that. He swallowed and smiled and looked at him as Sam and Jess crept up behind him. Dean saw Sam and his face went white, as though he'd seen a ghost. He pushed Cas gently aside and grabbed his brother, pulling him into a tight hug that he seemed reluctant to let go of. Cas wrung his hands nervously, watching him kiss Sam's cheek

"Sammy," Cas heard him murmur, and Sam ducked his head, squeezing Dean tightly in his long arms, "Missed you, kid," Dean croaked, and when they had separated, Dean cuffed him lightly on the shoulder as he brushed at his eyes with the back of his hand. Sam laughed awkwardly, hugging him again, and Dean obliged, slapping his back and smiling.

"We're so glad you're home," Jess said, her voice thin, and Dean turned to her, his face splitting into a grin. Jess laughed when Dean lifted her off her feet, kissing her cheek and setting her back onto the ground.

"God, you just get prettier every time I see you," he commented and Jess shook her head.

"Did Sam not tell you? I model for Vogue now!" she teased and Dean's eyes went soft as they looked over her.

"You gonna marry her yet, Sammy?"

"Dean!" Sam protested, flushing scarlet and Jessica coughed into her hand, glancing up at Sam's face.

"I'm just sayin' – life doesn't wait," Dean finished, his voice trailing off. He looked around at their faces, a sort of distance crossing his features and Cas stepped forward, breaking the silence.

"I think Sam can handle it," he chuckled, brushing a hand over Dean's uniform, the material rough beneath his fingers. He met Dean's eyes, still marveling that he was there. "Speaking of, Sam and Jess want to go to dinner tomorrow. There's this new place that just opened.It's nice."

"Yeah, yeah, that sounds cool." Dean covered Cas' hand with his own, fingers rough on his skin from calluses Cas didn't recognize yet. He dropped his voice. "I just want to go home, if that's alright."