"I'm sensing a metaphorical significance here."

She gave me a weak smile and lightly stroked a nearby pedal. "This is my first lesson assigned by my mother. A leader's duty is to maintain balance. If these plants are left to their own devices, they will destroy themselves. If carefully cultivated, they will flourish."

"That's some heavy stuff," I said attempting to lighten the mood. After a moment of awkward silence I said, "I'm sorry about earlier. I made assumptions without knowing anything about the Xroex. I judged them based on my standards. Although I still personally disagree with their method of governance, it will stay personal."

"I must apologize as well. I often forget how young both you and your people are. I will try harder to be more understanding in my counseling." Having both apologized, Shahae seemed to relax.

We discussed how negotiations had gone thus far and made future plans. Shahae stayed and tended to her garden while I returned to the bridge alone. It was a grueling fourteen hours before we narrowed down the location of the ship. We were restricted on where we could be, so it took longer than it should have to narrow down the location. We sent the location to the Xroex and received a simple command to wait in reply. We hadn't seen the location of the lost ship yet, as it would have exposed us to those on the surface. The Xroex didn't seem to be doing anything with the information we passed them. Hours passed until the site on Brixxepsua II was finally visible. Once darkness had fallen on the site, the Xroex moved in. As they descended on the site, we finally were able to get a visual on it.

"Admiral, it appears the ship is under ancient ruins," Lt. Smith said. There in the middle of a large jungle, a sprawling city of ruins was barely discernable.

"That is going to make removing the ship a little more difficult" I stated. A minute later, the Xroex proved me wrong. A dozen large mining vehicles were dropped on the outskirts of the ruins. They slowly rumbled to where the ship was buried, crushing everything in their path. We watched in horror as a little piece of history was erased.

"You have to stop them Admiral!" I heard Adri yell from behind me. So focused on the surface was I, that I failed to hear my commanders enter the room.

"Unfortunately the situation is beyond our control. If they want to erase a piece of their history, well... It is their history."

Adri was about to argue further when Andrew placed a hand on his shoulder. Adri looked questioningly at Andrew, but Andrew just shook his head.

We watched in silence as the area was leveled. The Xroex worked with a determined efficiency and soon the ship was being pulled out of a large hole. "Admiral, several Xroex ships have just arrived and it looks like they are charging their weapons," said Lt, Haas.

"Lt. Smith, tell them not to harm that ship. If it is destroyed, it could wipe us all out. Lt. Haas, full power to thrusters. Get us as far away as you can. Let me know when the jump drive is charged."

The bridge erupted as everyone performed their assigned duties. Alerts sounded throughout the ship, warning the crew of the pending jump.

"Admiral, incoming message from the Xroex"

"Send it to my station," I commanded.

"Terran ship Unity, we received your message regarding the tainted ship. We would have ignored such a request, but upon seeing your desire to flee, we have reconsidered. We await your instructions on the proper disposal of the ship."

"Take us back into orbit," I ordered. "Keep the drives primed, just in case they change their mind." I though while we slowly made our way back. It was obvious the Xroex wouldn't allow the ship to stay, but without it, they would quickly be found by the Zrynt and destroyed. Then again, maybe being discovered by the Zrynt wouldn't be such a bad thing. "Lt. Smith, I want a message sent to Narrisal," I said suddenly. I dictated exactly what it should read and sat back.