Chapter Two

Lucy's POV

I checked the time. 5:00 am. Okay I have enough time.
I walked over to the notepad on my desk and immediately started writing.

I folded the letter and took a deep breath. Today I was gonna quit the guild. My plan was to walk up to Master and just ask him to remove my guild mark. I didn't want it to be hard, but I guess it will be considering a tear was falling down my face.

I took another deep breath. "C'mon Lucy..." I mumbled to calm myself down.

I walked to my door and put on my combat boots and my blue jacket. I was gonna leave everything here and just leave. I would have to consult my landlord first.

I walked up to my landlords door and slipping a bill under the door. I wasn't gonna just not pay my rent for the time being.

((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))

Sting's Pov

BEEP BEEP BEEP
My eyes shot open, and I slammed my fist on my alarm clock. I looked down at Lector sleeping at the foot of the bed. For the past two weeks I have been waking up early to train so I can show that bastard Natsu that I'm better than him in every way.
I put on my shirt and my pants and opened the door.
I grabbed my water I had on the table and set it in my pocket ( in this story his pockets are rather big )
"Okay!" I smirked. Today I am gonna work harder than I ever have.

Lucy's pov

I opened the guild doors to see Mira at the counter making so food.
Oh great! I can't let Mira see me! I don't want her to know that I am quitting the guild... It would be too hard...
I quietly shut the guild doors and tip toed to Masters office on the second floor.
Before I knew it, I was standing in front of his office. My heart was beating really fast earlier... But now, I feel fine...
I took a deep breath and opened the door.
"Hello master!" I say in the best cheerful expression I can manage.
Across the room I saw a small old man with a Jokers hat on doing paperwork.
He looked up. "Oh." He set his pen down. "Good morning Lucy! Why are you here so early?"
After he said that, my heart began beating faster.
"I'm... Leaving the guild..." I manage to whisper.
Master's eyes widened. "Why my child?"
It was natural for him to not know that everyone had been acting horribly to me. Whenever he was around they would be so nice to me. I wonder why.
"I just really wanna leave the guild..."
I saw pain flash in his eyes and I realized that I accidentally let a tear escape from my eye.
He sighed. "If that is what you really want." Master said as he jumped off his chair and proceeded to a drawer in the cabinet on the wall.
I clutched my shirt.
"Yes!" I said as I felt multiple tears stream down my face.

Master took out a big magic device and put it over my guild mark. I felt a sensation on my right hand. *sigh*"Master?"
He turned his head. I handed the letter I wrote. "Please read this to the guild..."
He nodded slowly.
"Goodbye..."