Two of an enemy's enemies are allies

Start from the beginning

C:Hanging with Jessabelle....wbu? Gina had once teased Jesse that his parents had been planning to name his Jessabelle if he was a girl (which they were), so it was a fun joke within our friend group. 

G: Bored af 

C: Sounds like a party. Do ur hw. I laughed to myself as she responded with a couple of curse words directed towards me. Jesse was staring at me like I was a nutso, which I probably looked like. 

"Having fun?" 

"Texting Gina." 

"Ohhhh." Checking his watch, I watched as he yawned. 

"It's twelve thirty beautiful. I need to get to bed." I rolled my eyes, knowing that he went to bed wherever, whenever. 

"Yes your highness. I'll leave." He smirked and sighed. 

"Thank you peasant. Before you go, bring me a cover and tuck me in." 

"I can't tuck you in on a couch idiot." He pouted. 

"Fine then don't." I pushed myself off of the pillows, throwing him a blanket in the process. Flipping off the light switch I said quietly,

"Okay with me." I heard him laugh. 

"Sassy McSassquatch over here." 

"Die."

"Will do." The lights were off and I tiptoed up the stairs, ready to slip into bed. I'd had a long, tiring day and I was ready to just close my eyes. 

--------

That was how the rest of the winter and early spring was spent- Jesse staying over most nights, Ryan and I arguing with Jason taking his brother's side, Cameron growing up everyday, my mother disappearing for days on end and me staying far away from those I had once been close with in school. 

I had just dropped the boys off at daycare (Ryan had spent the night at my Dad's, so I wasn't responsible for getting him out on time for the bus) and was driving to school. Jesse had slept at his own house that night because I made him, knowing that his parents probably missed him, even though he insisted they didn't. Pulling into a spot, I saw Caleb, Gina and Jesse all waiting for me, even though classes wouldn't begin for another twenty or so minutes. 

"Hey Coco." I linked arms with Gina and she pulled me into a side hug. 

"Hola Bugs Bunny (don't ask the story behind the nickname....it involved frozen yogurt, a tub of carrots and a bunch of spilled milk)." She flipped her brown hair behind her shoulder as she spoke, the two guys not listening, instead chatting about a baseball game coming up. 

"I have to tell you something." I raised my eyebrow. 

"Yeah?"

"I like someone." Rolling my eyes, I smiled. 

"Gi, you always like someone." She shook her head.

"No it's different this time." 

"Who is it?"

"James." I almost choked on my own spit. 

"James? As in Logan's best friend?" She nodded. 

"Oh yeah. Him." 

"But he's a-" She interrupted me, knowing what I was going to say. 

"I know, I know, a flirt. And that he probably doesn't mean a word that he says. But I don't know Coco," she paused, as if searching for the right words, "It doesn't feel like that. I can tell that there's something special with him." I wanted to snort, but held it in.