CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

Beginne am Anfang

“They need to kill a God to bring heaven to earth. Soji won that luck of the draw.” I filled him in and his eyes went from me to Aella.

“Is this true mother?” He asked her and she held up her hand. “You would offer Soji’s life. If you are so willing to give a life why not give your own.”

“Do not speak of things you do not understand child.” She yelled and he backed away from her. His eyes were on Hiro making sure that he didn’t attack him.

“We will finish this some other day. I have to stop this madness.” He yelled and took off running going where the summoning area was up ahead. I turned watching him go for a moment before turning to Hiro.

“Follow him just in case he has another change of heart.” I told him and Hiro shoved his hands into his pocket.

“All of this fighting is making me hungry.” He commented before walking towards the way Niwa had just ran.

“Insolence fool do you have any idea what you have done.”

“Fingers cross I fucked you over.” I said and she came at me. Ban stepped forward kicking her in the face sending her back. She hit the ground rolling bit.

“It’s like I’m not even here. People are just not respecting the fear the Great Demon thing these days. Maybe I’ve gotten to soft in my old age. I need to start burning villages. Slaughtering families. Rape, pillage, scare.” Ban complained and I rolled my eyes. Aella got back up walking forward again ready for another round. “So are we going to dance or what? I getting bored of kicking your ass.”

“Yes Ban,” She said taking off the jacket she had been wearing and tossing it to the side. “Let us stop with the child play.”

“That’s more like it.” Ban said and they both leaped for each other. There moves were to fast for my eyes to follow. After a moment they only looked like blurs of light. One black and the other white. I could see the lights part then crash into each other again and again. My head moving left and right trying to follow them until they went up into the sky. Moving fast and high soon I couldn’t see the two of them at all. Link backed away from his battle coming to stand beside me looking up at where Ban could have been.

“I wonder,” Link started musing to himself. I waited for a moment so that he could clue me in to what it was he was wondering.

“You wonder?”

“If he will go into his true form or if even the God of War is no match for our Lord Ban.” Link said and I looked up at the sky again. I had planned to move on but I wanted to see it. I wanted to know what Ban’s true form looked like. I had never been much of a challenge for him. There was never any need for him to show his real power when fighting me.

“All of that power. It’s incredible.” I said and Link laughed slightly.

“You act as if you never saw his powers. You’re his lover aren’t you. How can you know know his every whim.”

“This is the most I’ve ever been near Ban. I know nothing about him.” I admitted and Link backed away a few steps making me follow as he was still looking up at the sky.

“I know everything there is to know about Nero. I know his every mood. I know his every tick. Everything that annoys me. It is because when you love something you want to know everything about that thing. If he was to die I would know it even though hes in the heavenly realm right now. I know hes coming back to earth. You could have that with Ban if you wanted.” Link said and the ground shook even before Aella and Ban both fell back. Each of them landed on there feet. Fresh wounds could be seen on them blood.