Chapter 2

I closed my eyes and drifted to the soft and peaceful serenity of sleep.

I laid still and quiet on the glass as it tore into my skin.

Suddenly the blackness disappeared and I pushed myself up from the shards and pulled the glass from my back. 

I stood up and walked towards the door opening it easily regardless of the fact that it was locked moments ago. 

The dreary outside had transformed and light beamed through the windows causing the entire house to glow.

I slowly moved closer to the stairway walking down the steps the cut in my foot leaving a trail of blood behind me.

I walked into the kitchen smelling the aroma of a fresh cooked meal and there behind the counter stood my mother smiling I ran to the counter and hugged her holding onto her for dear life. "I missed you" she whispered her words muffled by my hair. 

I stared at her in disbelief as she grabbed my shoulders gently and whispered "now everything is going to be fine but you have to listen to every single thing I'm about to tell you" I nodded.

"Go to the corner in the attic I left you a clue there just trust me follow every step in the clue use your brain think Kasey" she exclaimed staring at me intently.

"I trust you" I responded.

She nodded and smiled then she started to disappear. 

"Mom!" I yelled trying to bring her back.

"I love you Kasey " she said as she completely vanished.

Then I woke up to reality shards sticking out of my back and arms whimpering in pain I suspended myself off the floor.

I tried to open the door but it was locked and then I reminded myself it was just a dream.

But out of spite I walked towards the corner.