24. Godric's Hollow

Start from the beginning

Silence took over as we stared each other out, the only sound being Louis little gurgles. "Arthur, I can help her—"

"You can't." Arthur said firmly, though he sounded unsettled. "Look, Cole knows how to deal with this. He's had them before."

"And they are--?"

Arthur sighed, juggling Louis on his hip, who was now trying to bite his hand. "It's like a PTSD thing, having flashbacks of painful stuff.... I know Gennie used to help Cole with his, she came to me for advice a couple years back."

"She'll be okay though?" I said timidly.

Arthur nodded, and squeezed my shoulder. "She'll get through it, Rory, don't you worry. You're both safe now. Go shower, sleep, be normal for a few hours."

Taking one last look at the living room, I nodded, and feeling like the living dead I almost crawled to the bathroom. Locking the door behind me and stripping off my blood soaked pyjamas, I finally let myself sob over the hissing of the water pressure.

Why did Draco have to be ripped from me again? We'd finally gotten back to a beautiful calm in our relationship---no, actually we'd gotten one step further; we were the couple we'd always wanted to be. The two of us had loved each other the way we wanted, supporting decisions, bantering and no arguments about stupid shit...

Water ran down my skin, and I saw the liquid mixing his blood into a thick paste. Letting out a mix between a whine and a sob, I rubbed at the skin aggressively. Why was this real?

I'm Draco, Draco Malfoy. We could be friends if you want.

Why did I have to respond to him, why did I have to lock eyes with him all those years ago?

"Just kiss me, you fool."

Why did I have to kiss him with everything in me? A sob escaped my lips and I pulled at the skin. If we'd never kissed, he wouldn't be in so much danger.

"You are the one that I'm in love with. Not Cole. Not Arthur. You."

My body was shaking. His smile after I'd said that, the hope in his eyes. He thought we would have so much hope in our future. How wrong was he?

His gentle touches against my skin, setting an ocean of calm and a hurricane at the same time.

Sinking to the floor, I began involuntary rocking back and forth—where was he? Would I ever see him again? Would I ever see his stupid little smirk or hear him whisper that he loved me in the dark of the night?

Was Draco even alive?

Painfully aware that the only physical reminder of Draco was across me, my task continued. I scrubbed and clawed at the bloody paste until my skin was raw and burning, my heart aching and eyes puffy and numb from over-thinking and tears.

Exhausted, I climbed out of the shower with shaking legs, wrapping a towel firmly around me. I'd allowed myself to break down, but I wouldn't allow myself anymore weakness. I needed to woman-up, find Harry and act strong for Gennie and Cole.

Getting dressed into one of Mrs Weasley's jumpers and my lucky pair of jeans (they had a faint spotty pattern on them) I began building my inpentrable mask of eyeliner and lipstick, my only weapons at appearing stronger than I was inside.

"Shit," I hissed under my breath as a pain spasmed through my wrist, my eyeliner going in a horizontal line up my face.

Curling my fingers over the sink, I prepared for another shot of pain, but instead a slideshow began to flicker in my eyes.