New Promises and New Friends

Start from the beginning

"Bren?" I jumped and looked at Ryan, a concerned look on his face. "You alright?"

"Yeah, a little nervous though."

"You'll be okay." He smiled. We got out of the car and he hold of my hand, walking us to the front door. He knocked and someone inside yelled it's open. Ryan opened the door and we walked inside.

Spencer and Jon were sitting on a love seat in the living room, Gabe was lying on the floor and William was sitting lazily in a chair.

"It's about time you showed up." William said smirking at Ryan.

"Hey Bren." Spencer smiled. I just waved and stayed close to Ryan.

"Well, come sit down. Don't just stand there looking like you're both lost." William laughed. Ryan led me to the couch and we sat down together.

There was an awkward silence and I was extremely uncomfortable. Can we leave now?

"So how're things, Brendon? With the pregnancy and all." Gabe asked from the floor.

"Fine," I said quietly. "just fine."

"Well that's good."

Ryan, Jon, Gabe and William left to go get drinks from the kitchen and Spencer and I were sitting in the living room.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Uncomfortable," I sighed. "this is just really weird."

"I was a little uncomfortable the first time I started hanging out with these guys," Spencer said. "but they're really cool once you get to know them."

"We'll see." The guys came back from the kitchen with a case of beer and took their seats. Ryan handed me a bottle of water.

"Since you can't drink beer right now." he chuckled.

"Thanks." I said with a small smile.

The guys talked to each other about things I had no idea about and I of course just sat awkwardly next to Ryan and waited until I could go home. 

"So Brendon," I quickly looked up at the mention of my name to find everyone looking at me. This is it. This is where they all jump me and this is where I die. "sorry about all the shit I said to you in school." William said, actually looking sincere about it.

"Oh, um. It's fine."

"No it's not. You didn't deserve to be treated like that. I guess I only acted like that was because of Gerard saying you were trying to take Frankie from him and I just thought it was kind of fucked up that you'd go after someone who already had a boyfriend."

"It's fine, really. You don't need to apologize." Maybe they were just going to get to know me first, be my friend and then they'll kill me. 

"Maybe we could all start over," Gabe said. "you seem like a nice person. And you're having a kid with this idiot." He laughed, pointing at Ryan.

"Fuck off." Ryan said. I caught myself smiling at Ryan, only because he actually told them and it made me happy.

"So, how 'bout it?" Gabe asked. "We can start over? Be friends?"

"Yeah, okay. Sure." The next couple of hours flew by and Ryan was ready to leave. Thank God.

We didn't say anything on the ride back to my house and I lazily walked up the stairs and into my room, hiding underneath the blanket and closing my eyes. Ryan climbed in next to me and his arm wrapped around my waist, his lips placing soft kisses on the back of my neck.

"Thank you for coming with me." He whispered. I hummed in response and  scooted closer to him. "Tired?" He asked. 

"Mhm." Ryan held me tighter and kept kissing my neck softly until I was asleep.

-

"When do we get to find out if it's a boy or a girl?" Ryan asked.

"Like twenty weeks or something." I shrugged.

"That's a long time." He sighed and finished getting ready for work. It's his first day and he's nervous.

"I'm sure it'll be here before we know it." I laughed, watching him struggle with his tie. "Calm down."

"What? I am calm. This tie is just being stupid." I got up from the bed and walked over to him, moving his hands out of the way and helping him put it on properly.

"There." I said with a smile. "I'm sure you don't even have to wear this. You're just selling old stuff."

"I want to look presentable," he said slipping on his shoes. "okay, I've gotta go." He rushed back to me and pulled me into a hug.

"Let me know how it goes." I said against his neck.

"I will. I'll text you when I can." He pulled back and placed his lips on mine, long and hard before pulling away. "I lo-"

I furrowed my eyebrows at the weird expression on his face.

"What?" I asked, waiting for him to repeat what he was going to say.

"Um, I was just gonna say that I love your lips. Yeah. I love your lips." He kissed me again and turned around, almost running out of my room.

Okay, that was weird.

---

I know they're getting shorter. Sorry :c

I don't even know if any of you are enjoying them..