Prologue

Once again Rose found herself walking into the building and riding the elevator up to the forty-second floor. There was some serious déjà vu going on. Same butterflies. Same sweaty palms. Same attack of nerves. Only there was more panic involved because this time she knew what he wanted. Knew exactly what she'd be getting herself into.

When she entered the reception area, Susan looked up and smiled and then said, "Mr. Styles says you're to go straight back."

"Thank you Susan," Rose murmured as she headed past Susan's desk.

Harry's door was open when she arrived. She hesitated just outside and stared in to where he stood, hands in his pockets, staring out the large window.

He was so gorgeous. Beautiful to look at. Even relaxed there was so much raw power vibrating from him. She was suddenly struck by why she was so drawn to him- or at least one of the many reasons. She felt safe with him. Just being near him gave her a sense of security and comfort. She felt protected.

Harry turned, seeing her standing in the doorway. She was astonished to see relief flood his emerald eyes. Had he been afraid she wouldn't come?

He strode towards her and then pulled her inside his office, shutting the door firmly behind her. Before she could say a word, he hauled her into his arms and crushed his mouth to hers.

She moaned softly as his large hands ran possessively up her arms to clasp her shoulders, and then upward again, to her throat, and finally to her face. As he cradled her face. He kissed her as as though he starved for her kisses. As if he'd been held captive away for man years from her and was finally broken free.

He wanted her. He was showing her just how much he wanted her.

One hand moved from her face and his arms curled around her, anchoring her tightly against his hard frame, his arm a steel band across her back.

She could feel his hardness against her belly. He was rigidly erect and straining against the expensive black slacks he wore. His breath exploded over hers as he broke contact, her lips were crimson.

His eyes glittered as he stared down at her dilated green eyes.

"I didn't think you'd come."