Chapter One

my heart is gold and my hands are cold

Courtney's pov

"Ok listen up hoes thats it for today." Heather dismisses us "We are going to have another practice session tomorrow, since some of you can't even do the bare minimum." Heather glared at Lindsay who just tweedled her long blonde hair between her fingers.

"Ok Harper" Lindsay cheered, as we all made our way to the changing rooms.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes, how could someone actually be this dumb, I thought to myself.

"I can't believe she's holding another practice again tomorrow, this is the 4th one this week already." Zoey huffed.

"I know right, like who she thinks she is." Katies high pitched voice filled the changing rooms. Sadie nodded in agreement "Totally."

Their chatter slowly faded into background noice as I picked up my bags and left the changing room. I headed to the field where the guys were currently busy training for the upcoming football match. I sat down with my airpods popped into my ears, I waved at my dad before turning my attention back to my phone.

One new notification

Bridgeee 💕sent you a chat

--

Bridgeee💕

Courtneyyyyy, I've honestly never been this bored in my life

I wanna dieee

Me

Bridgette, today is your last day in quarantine I'm sure you'll be fine

How are you feeling though?

Bridgeee💕

Honestly I'm fine, but i might go crazy if i have to look up

How was cheer practise?

Me

I honestly don't even know why i signed up, everyone is so brain dead at this school

I can't deal with it

Bridgeee💕

GEOFF ISN'T!!

Geof isn't that bad**

Me

Bridgette I love you and your relationship with geoff is cute, but even you have to agree that geoff isn't the brightest bulb

Bridgeee💕

I knowww but he tries and it's so cuteeee

Me

Whatver you say

I can't wait till you're back, we can go out for lunch or a cute study date

Bridgeee💕

Lunch sounds like a nice idea

Me

Sounds good, can't wait

Practise is done now, so i'll text you when i'm home

Love you

Bridgeee💕

Noo don't leaveeee

Love you toooo

---

"Okay that's all for today boys, you did good!" My dad yells.

"Don't forget the match next week boys and please don't be late!" The boys laugh and my dad rolls his eyes "Especially you Nelson."

I looked up from my phone to see the guys packing up and heading to the changing rooms. I get off the bleachers and walk towards the coach, who also happens to be my dad. My parents are both highly sucessful lawyers and own their own law firm. My father however recently stepped down from his position and is only in the office when there are serious matters concerning the firm as a whole. With the extra free time he gained from stepping down he decided to preoccupy himself with coaching the football team at my highschool. A part of me feels like it's his way of making up for all the years both him and my mother were absent in my childhood.