Shadows that Kill and Screams that Echo

I hear her screams through the walls and locked doors, singing a sweet melody of pain.

Tasting her fear and agony, licking my lips, licking the metalic taste of blood on my lips. Imagining her face contorting in pain, her cracked blue lips gasping, her hollow eyes gaping. I feel the whips lash, engraving scorching red marks in her porcelain skin, burning with every stroke and grin of the whip. The chains dig into her ankles, her wrists, her waist, scratching and peeling away raw skin. Her moans and screams echo through the vast halls, her torturer laughing in her face as her tears drip from her chin, mixed with sweat and blood. Her body dances to the music of the whip, jerking with every crack, unable to resist.

They want me to hear.

My arms above my head are clasped and weighed with iron and metal. My legs tied down with guilt and fear. My cell empty without her, filled with longing and lust. Shadows dance and leap in the candle light, as the flames flicker. The straw beneath me, too harsh, too dry, scraping and biting my skin, like a thousand needles. I'm trapped. My breathing comes in gasps and pants, my eyes panicked. I thrash and howl, biting down again on my lip, until blood trickled down my neck. The pain is comforting.

A hundred feet thunder past my cell, a thousand feet stamping, a steady drum beat matching my heart. A thousand voices jeer and laugh and beckon, fingers point, mouths snarl. Bars rattle, a flame flickers, a key is held. Hate spitting out of their mouths, loathing thick in the spur of tumbling taunting terrible words. The shadows hold guns and knives, threatening and pointing at me. The key is teasing, swinging and glittering in the candlelight, mere inches away. The voices are far away, the screaming loud, the walls are closing in. I lean towards the key, trembling and shaking against the bonds that hold me. I hear her begging for release, desperate and longing. The whips come down, again and again against her skin, the jeering is distant. Spiralling down, darkness cradles me, her moans fading. I am falling, I can't escape. The feet are marching further away, the voices ceasing, the flame flickers and goes out.

Her screams haunt my dreams. The voices and shadows with guns and knives are trapping me. I need her, I need to help her. They are coming for her, for me. They know that she is all I am. They know that without her I am nothing. A shell, empty and unable to love and feel.

I am making her suffer. The only person I love is suffering because of me. I'm helpless, incapable of rescuing her.

I don't know what to do, I don't know anything. It's all too loud. Please make it all stop.

Please, please... I'm scared.