Part 1

You catch Frodo's arm as he stumbles on the slopes of Mount Doom. You pull him upright and wrap an arm around his waist. He weakly sinks against you. "I can't do this anymore, Y/N." He murmurs tiredly. "Let's-let's just sit down and take a break." You suggest. You practically pull him a little bit further and then help him sit down. Gandalf chose you to protect Frodo as he makes his way to Mordor to destroy the One Ring of Power. You've spent every waking, and sleeping, hour with Frodo by your side. There is nothing Frodo or you didn't face together. And nothing stopped you from giving your heart to him. Frodo lays his head on your shoulder. "I'm so weak... Every intake of breath... it hurts." He says, breathless. Wrapping your arm around his shoulders, you frown. "We can do this, Mr. Frodo. We're so close to the entrance." You say, giving a fleeting glance to the entrance of the mountain. You gaze down at Frodo, your heart aching for him. For this horrible burden he has to carry. "You will be able to destroy this burden, Frodo. And you will be free." You whisper comfortingly. He lifts his head and stares at you, his eyes filled with tears. "I don't know how much longer.... my heart can take this, Y/N." He says, his throat sounding dry. You hold his face gently between your hands, your eyes never wavering from his. "Your heart will be able to take this. It will, believe me, Frodo. You've been through so much, and yet here you are." You say softly. He lifts his hand up to your chin and his fingers caress it with a featherlight touch, his eyes on your mouth. "We've. We've been through so much, and yet here we are." Frodo corrects. You nod, your heart beating loudly. "And yet here we are." You whisper. "Y/N." Frodo says, his eyes moving back up to yours. "Yes?" You ask hopefully, your eyes widening slightly. His mouth opens as if he's about to say something, and then he closes it, his eyes falling from yours. "Nothing." He answers quietly. You let out a disappointed sigh, your eyes dropping to the ground. "We should start moving again." You state. "Hold on, just a few more minutes so I can catch my breath." Frodo replies. You nod and look away. You bite your lip, wanting to tell him how you feel. You take a deep breath and let it out slowly, mustering up the courage. "Frodo." You say, looking at him. He looks at you. "I-I-I-" You stammer nervously. Frodo's eyebrows draw. "What is it?" He asks, a concerned lit in his voice. You stare at him. You suddenly lean forward and place your lips against his dry, chapped ones. As you start to pull away, you are pleasantly surprised when Frodo takes you by your shoulders and pulls you closer. You sigh as he kisses you deeply. A long minute later he releases you and you sit back, breathlessly. You stare at him in shock. "I-I figure you feel the same way then..." You say, blushing. He nods and picks up your hands. "How long have you felt this way for?" He asks. You shrug. "I don't know. I've liked you ever since I started this journey with you. But it blossomed into love along the way." You explain. "Same here." Frodo declares, squeezing your hands. "I love you, Y/N. So very much." He says. "And I love you, Frodo." You say, smiling. He gives you a weak smile. "You know what?" He says. "What?" You ask. He stretches his legs and grins. "My heart feels lighter. And so does this burden. I-I think I'm ready to destroy the Ring." He says. You smile and place a quick kiss on his temple. You stand and pull him up. He puts his hands on your upper arms and gives you a soft kiss. "I'm determined to destroy this Ring... together." He says, as he pulls away. You smile. "Together." You whisper. Frodo and you start to make your way to the entrance of Mount Doom, hand in hand.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!