Chapter 1- The Future We Suffer in

"Kage! Grey! Wait for me!", said a little boy wearing glasses as he tried catching up to two kids, both barely older than him. The first thing that went through my mind was how clumsy and slow he was when we went somewhere. "Hurry up Matrix! Dam, why can't you keep up." I said giving him a cold glance. It was my little brother, who could never get his shit together when it was time to go. He was clumsy and weird, was 4'9" had spikey hair and loved anime as much as we did. Even though it looks like I treat him like crap sometimes, I cared for the kid even though I don't show him. Grey just glanced at me and told me sternly "Speak for yourself, Kage. That use to be you when you were smaller even till this day." Grey was more lean and skinner than me but this isn't a guy you want to mess with, especially when he was serious.
I just stood there and glanced as I leaned on a tree, waiting for Matrix to catch up. That kind of reminded me of my parents and how they would have said the same exact thing. I stood there and got quiet and Grey realized what he had said. He looked at me and just shook his head in apology. He too, knew what it was like to lose family you care about. Even Matrix could agree with us.
It was the year 728 when we had all lost our parents the same year to one of the Capital's failed experimental beasts, Drago, a horrible raging monster that only knew how to destroy. The Capital is this rich society in the inner city that creates living bioweapons to show the world what we are made of. That is actually how they are rich. The Capital sell these "weapons" to the buyer with the most money in order to survive in our world. But most of the time we have rejects when conducting experiments and they are locked up in a giant fortress located under the city. But when a few of the guards went to go check on it, It suddenly rampaged and broke free and destroyed what use to be my town, which included our families and we were left as orphans. All that was 8 years ago and even then I still can't forget that fucking day. Its still roaming around the world as we speak, terrorizing innocent people who had nothing to do with The Capital itself. When we needed somebody to take care of us nobody came and we were there helpless. We had given up on all hope and life seemed very pointless once we lost our family but I remembered what my parents would always tell me whenever I was down that made me remember to never fall into the darkness.
We were Mages. Our parents never gave up so easily no matter how difficult the challenge was. If our families didn't give up then, why should we give up now? I knew one of us had to step up to pick up those who had fallen. I sometimes apologize and say to myself why couldn't I be a better kind of guardian when it was up to me to stop the fighting and trying to keep us together, but in all honesty they didn't see that. What they saw was a kid who does everything he can to make us remember that we still have eachother.

I just smiled at the fact of what he had reminded me why we are still here and why we just can't give up. What we have left is still worth fighting for. I just smiled and glanced casually to Grey and he smiled back because he knew what I was thinking. He always did, no matter what. Matrix always found out later but he'd just smile and be happy as usual. But then as I was thinking the world wasn't as bad as I thought anymore, the reason why I wanted a better life for us is because of the tormentors we always have to deal with.
Out of nowhere, Matrix tripped as he arrived near us and I knew it wasn't something ordinary. I saw a shadow move out of the corner of my eye and I realized it wasn't safe to be here anymore. The bastards that always reminded us that our life was always going to be a living hell and just made it worse with their tormenting ways. A group of rival mages who always pushed us around because they think they are the toughest around, but in reality, they weren't. We chose to look weak because we know what would happen if we showed the full extent of our power. The public would be scared out of their minds because everyone fears something that seems too powerful or that they don't understand. But today was going to be the last straw. I didn't care what it took or about the consequences for that matter. I was going to make this place a safe home for the only family I had left, no matter what.
I turned with an evil stare glancing at a peculiar shadow moving under the tree I was resting at and just said with a menacing tone, "Come out, you wretched bastards!! I've had enough of your pathetic shit! I'm calling you out and I am not going to let you get away with all the torment you caused us over the years!!"
"Ha! Real funny," said the ominous shadow, as it slowly formed into a figure of a person. He turned out to be Spencer Delred, the leader of his little crew, The Shadows. As the rest of his crew slowly formed around us, I just stared at their leader with the most hated glare. Why did they always have to remind us of our horrid lives and just torment us? I slowly started getting angrier and I knew I was going to lose self-control. As he finally changed into his complete human form, he smiled with a gruesome smile and he said "Tch. Typical. A mere child who thinks he can keep up with us Shadows. What do you say boys. Let's show him why his kind will never rise to the top and will always be utter scum, just like his parents."

Well how is it? Im kinda new at this but i really want to be a great writer when I grow up so please let me know how it is so far