I see a flash of fear in his eyes, and his heart beat increased. "This drink will be o-on the house," He stutters.

Damn, what the the petty human know about vampires? I knock the counter loudly, causing the boy to turn around. I stroll up to human, and look into his eyes. "What do you know?" I narrow my eyes.

"You can't compell me," He swallows.

"I'm not trying to," I talk as if he were a child. "Tell me or I'll kill someone."

I grab the girl closest to me, knowing if I kill her in this party atmosphere, nobody would notice. "You wouldn't." Matt dares.

"Wouldn't I? What do you know?" I grit my teeth.

"You're a vampire. Vervain is in the water supply, but not everybody knows of the supernatural world. You have no humanity, and I know all your strengths and weaknesses." Matt says nervously.

"Damn it," I curse. "Thanks, human. I trust you'll tell no one? If you do, there'll be hell to pay."

I snap the drunken prostitute's neck, letting her drop to the dance floor. "Nobody will know," I warn "Nobody."

I kick the body aside, and pass the filthy drunks before reaching the door. I flash a grin to the waiter, and exit the Grill. 

.

I navigate myself through the forest carefully, ignoring the rustle of leaves I make. Just before I take another step, I hear a human's breathing. I leap into the nearest tree, trying to locate the human.

I jump down, and slowly follow the breathing. I find myself looking at a girl who seemed to be hurt. She was covered in delicious blood, her breathing ragged, and her heartbeat rapid. I look at the girl, who could've been pretty, in slight pity.

"You poor thing," I purr. "What happened?"

She looks like she'll pass out any second. I notice how the blood gushes from a wound in her neck; some vampire just stole a treat I could've eaten up. I finally make a decision, sighing heavily. "Well, I can't just let you die, now, can I?" 

My fangs make a gash in my wrist, and I feed the blood to the girl, who's too weak to even protest. Her wound starts to heal, and she finally breaths normally. "Thank you," she gasps.

I roll my eyes, knowing I'm doing the girl a favour. "No problem," I smile. "What's your name?"

"Natalie," She breathes. 

"I'm sorry, Natalie, but this is better for you." In a second, I flash up to her and drain her of blood completely.

She struggled and screamed, but I killed her quickly. I hold her bridal style, and blur around the forest, looking for a decent home. I find an old mansion, hidden from sight, and knock on the door. "Help me, please, please help me!" I scream.

The door opens to an old couple, and they gasp in terror. "Come in, come in!" They usher me and Natalie into the house.

I pretend I found her in the forest, and needed help. "Here, Mary, I'll call the ambulence." The man, Peter, says to his wife urgently. 

I stand up, and shake my head. "I'm sorry, that isn't necessary," I compell the man.

He repeats me mechanically. I compell both of them jobs: The man will die for Natalie to feed, and the woman will take care of us, never invite anyone in, and will provide for our every need. If anyone asks, me and Natalie are her great nieces that need a home because our parents died in a fire. 

"Perfect," I flash my teeth cheerily.

I look at the dark haired girl, and smile sympathetically. I have to have one person I can show my humanity to, so I can be ruthless to everybody else. I realize it will take a long time for her to awaken, so I study the house from outside.