There was so much good in her that Scott was blinded by what could be bad.

"I don't know why that darkness is there or what it means, but," Scott began, leaning in closer to her and pressing his forehead against hers, "they can't be after you. I won't let them anywhere near you, no matter what."

She shook her head softly, using her free hand to wrap it around his wrist, holding onto him tightly like an anchor.

"If they're after me, you have to promise me something," she breathed out, Scott growing tense as he anticipated her inevitable words. "Promise me," she stressed, Scott barely nodding in response. "I don't care what happens tonight. No matter what I say or do, no matter if I'm screaming in agony or they're trying to kill me; you have to promise me that you'll keep yourself safe. Don't get hurt because of me."

"Foster, I can't promise you - "

"Scott," she pleaded, her voice cracked as she practically begged him to do this. If something happened to him and it was her fault, she wouldn't be able to bear it. She didn't care if she wanted his help while it was happening, everyone said things they didn't mean when it came to survival, but she refused to put Scott in harm's way.

As she spoke, it began to weight in on Scott just how important this was to her. That if something were to happen, her dying wish would be for him to be safe. It made his chest ache, knowing that it would kill him to even pull himself away from her.

Shakily, he promised, "I - I promise."

Foster was thankful for this, knowing that if this was about getting her, at least Scott would be safe. Isaac would be safe since he was with Allison. Her father would be safe at home. Everyone else would be safe and not in harm's way because of her.

The sounds of a car pulling up made the duo slowly break away from one another, Foster turning her head to glance toward the door which was now opening.

"I think your mom's here," Foster murmured, releasing a content sigh. Now that she was here, maybe the mountain ash would do just the trick.

Instead, they were met with the tall, lanky figure on none other than Agent McCall. Foster's eyes widened, Scott's body stiffening from behind her. This was not good, not good at all. Couldn't he come over to try and bond with Scott another time? Another time where they weren't preparing to fight off supernatural demons with swords that they pulled out from their chests?

Scott gaped, questioning immediately, "What are you doing here?" Realization then crossed his face, Scott demanding bitterly, "And why do you still have a key?"

Agent McCall was taken aback slightly, finding something almost humorous in the situation. "Funny you mention keys." He then pulled out his laptop, Foster eyeing it in confusion. "While I have a key to this house, I'm wondering how you got a key to my office," he finished, opening the laptop up to reveal a photo of Scott and Foster the night they snuck in to delete the photos of Kira with a glowing fox around her.

Foster and Scott stared blankly at one another, unsure of what to do or even say at this point. Time was running out when it came to the sun's set, and here Agent McCall was holding things up. If he didn't get out of here, he was going to get himself killed. And as much as they loathed McCall, no one wanted to see him die.

Foster's eyes fell back onto the computer screen, gaping as she tried to figure out something to say. All she knew is that if she opened her mouth, she was going to say something stupid which would get them into even more trouble.

"Let me help you out here," McCall began, Foster releasing a tense sigh. "This kind of thing usually begins with something along the lines of 'it's not what you think,' or 'I can explain' - "