Chapter 6

It took two days for Shigaraki and Chisaki to come calling. The message was brief, stating that they needed a distraction on the opposite side of Musutafu that day. Izuku's teeth clenched so hard he was worried one of them would give way. He was not an errand boy. 

"Do you want me to come with?" Toga asked, worry leaking into her voice as she handed him a black sweatshirt at the door of their apartment. He had come a long way from being his father's lackey and she rarely so him so angry. It was enough to cause panic to bloom in her chest. 

"It'll be fine. I want you to stay inside until I get back," he instructed, not sparing her a glance. He wasn't her best friend at that moment. He was his father's son, bred and built to cause havoc and destruction. 

The usually perky woman frowned as her anxiety gripped her. "You promise you'll be okay by yourself?" 

"I always am," he said back before heading out of the apartment. His errand didn't worry him, it was child's play. What pissed him off was being nothing more than a dog, once again.

The walk to UA's main campus gave him time to think through his plan. If Shigaraki and Chisaki wanted a distraction, he'd give them one. Something none of the pros could ignore. 

A little visit to their most prestigious school. 

To most, it would seem like a suicide mission, but they weren't Izuku Midoriya. He was confident he could pull every pro in the city to the campus without even showing his face. He didn't even have to step foot on school grounds, just let his flames run rampant. When the fires never went out, it would be more than obvious that it was an attack, which would only cause more heroes to flood the scene. 

He reached his destination, heading for the back of the campus. One For All sparked to life around him as he propelled himself up the tallest tree he could find, wanting the vantage point. 

"Go on," he muttered, his flames igniting in his palm. "Have fun." 

The fire leaked from him, flickering in the faint breeze as they traveled over the security wall and engulfed the back lawn. He sat back and watched as students and faculty took notice, shouts and cries rising from the school. It was going to be a long day. 

Within ten minutes, the fire was starting to threaten the buildings and heroes had arrived, trying their hardest to push them back. Every time they put one out, another would appear to take its place. No one had gotten hurt yet, but there had already been a few close calls. The worst part was that the flames seemed to only be targeting the untrained student body, shrinking away from the pros and heroes in training that were actively trying to put them out. 

Hanta had been called in almost immediately. He was on duty and close by when the higher-ups started to scramble for bodies to help with the disaster. As soon as he arrived, he was pulling helpless students away from the reach of the flames, which is how he discovered that they didn't burn to the touch, at least not him. 

"It has to be a villain," one of his colleagues shouted over the roar of the flames and terrified students. 

Hanta already knew that and he knew exactly which one. He caught sight of Bakugou's spiky hair, the pro's quirk completely useless in this scenario, and rushed to him. 

"It's Izuku," he said through his panting breath as he grabbed onto Bakugou's wrist. 

"I fucking know that," the other hero hissed. "Why the fuck is he attacking a school?" 

Hanta searched his brain for some reason that would make sense, but nothing seemed to fit. Izuku knew what happened to his mother and sisters, had vowed to do anything to protect them, but how did attacking a school accomplish that? "I have no idea, but we need to find him. Before anyone gets hurt," he said quickly, pulling Bakugou away from the crowd of heroes trying to stop the fire's advance.