❝︎CHAPTER SEVENTY-SEVEN❞︎

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 ━︎━︎ 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐆𝐮𝐭 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐒 the sun crawled over the horizon. They had buried their dead, people were beginning to heal, and Hogwarts was a complete mess. Juniper turned her head to look at Neville who was standing outside in the courtyard. She watched as he looked in the distance and began to limp forwards. Juniper frowned, quickly walking outside after him only to pause when she saw Voldemort and his army coming towards them. When she saw Hagrid with them, being held like a caged animal, she felt anger trying to ignite in her. In his arms, Hagrid was holding a body. Instantly, Juniper knew it was Harry.

     Hermione and Ron came to her side. Hermione grabbed her hand, interlacing their fingers. Everyone inside Hogwarts walked out into the courtyard, waiting for the words that would fall from the Dark Lord's mouth. Ginny stepped forwards. "Who is that? Hagrid's carrying? Neville, who is it?"

     "Harry Potter. . . is dead!" Voldemort yelled.

     "No!" Ginny screamed, running forwards. "No!" Arthur grabbed his daughter, holding her back.

     "Silence!" Voldemort snapped, raising his wand. "Stupid girl. Harry Potter is dead. From this day forth, you put your faith. . . in me." He turned, looking at his army and raising his hands out. "Harry Potter is dead!" Immediately, they began laughing. Voldemort laughed himself before turning back to look at those against him. "Now is the time to declare yourself. Come forward and join us. Or die."

     No one moved. However, Lucius Malfoy's voice rang out. "Draco!" He hissed. Draco stared at his father.

     "Draco. . . come." His mother softly called. Hesitantly, Draco listened.

     He walked forwards and Voldemort held him in a hug for a quick second. "Well done, Draco. Well done." Neville began to slowly limp forwards and Juniper couldn't help the disbelief that fell on her face. "Ah, well, I must say I'd hope for better." They all laughed and Neville stopped. "And who might you be, young man?"

     "Neville Longbottom." Once again, Neville received laughs, and Juniper felt her anger growing more and more by the minute.

     "Well, Neville, I'm sure we can find a place for you in our ranks."

     "I'd like to say something." Neville interrupted him.

     Voldemort clenched his hand and jaw before relaxing himself. "Well, Neville, I'm sure we'd all be fascinated to hear what you have to say."

     "It doesn't matter that Harry's gone."

     "Stand down, Neville." Seamus warned.

     "People die every day." Neville argued, looking at him. "Friends, family." He nodded his head. "Yeah. We lost Harry tonight. But he's still with us, in here." He pointed to his heart. "So's Fred and Remus. Tonks. All of them. They didn't die in vain." He turned to look at Voldemort. "But you will. Because you're wrong! Harry's heart did beat for us! For all of us!" Suddenly he grabbed  the sorting hat he was holding in his hand and reached in, pulling out the Sword of Gryffindor. "This is not over!"