CHAPTER THREE

(episode three ; holly, jolly)

TOMMY HAGAN HAD ENTERED THE HALLS OF HAWKINS HIGH with two black eyes and a busted lip. Cassie and Chrissy snickered at the sight of him together, huddled together by the lockers, as he sent them an extremely deadly look.

Although it was amusing, Cassie was confused on where the second black eye and busted lip had come from. When she saw him at her house by the pool the night before, he had only had one bruise starting to form below his eye. Obviously from her excellent strike to his face; which she was pretty proud of.

"Hey, Cassie," the brunette cheerleader heard from behind her. She spun around on her heel, making her cheer skirt flow around gracefully along with her glossy, brown curls. Nancy Wheeler approached her with a small smile, nervously holding some books to her chest.

"Oh hey, Nancy. You okay?" Cassie asked her, noticing the girl looking rather tense.

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine, thanks," Nancy quickly responded. "I was just wondering, have you seen Barb at all today?"

"Uhh, no," Cassie shook her head with a slight frown. "Sorry, the last I saw her was when she was talking to you last night."

Cassie caught the girls face drop a bit, exhaling rather shakily. "Okay, thank you. Sorry for bothering you."

"No problem," Cassie trailed off, watching Nancy speed away uncomfortably.

"Who's Barb?" Chrissy spoke up from beside her with a genuine confused tone.

"Oh, she's Nancy's best friend. She was round my place last night when Steve threw a 'party'," she rolled her eyes. "It was barely a party."

Chrissy scoffed lightly at her friend, walking by her side until they hesitantly walked into their first class; Chemistry.

                                       ——

After a long, boring hour of Chemistry, Cassie took herself to the library to study for a Math exam coming up the following week.

"Stop following me," she harshly whispered, still looking ahead of her as she walked.

Aaron scoffed from behind her. "I don't know what you're talking about, Harrington. I'm studying for a geography test."

"You don't even take geography!" Cassie half yelled in a quiet voice, quickening her pace. Aaron laughed from behind her as he watched her small legs rapidly move.

She irritatedly put her bag on a table with only one person diagonal to her. Aaron not long after slid into the chair beside her with a neutral face and a book in hand. She gave him a grating look before unzipping her bag, taking out a textbook.