☙ 𝐣𝐢𝐞𝐮𝐧, 𝐣𝐢𝐧𝐚, 𝐣𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐤𝐨𝐨𝐤

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—

Lee Jieun walked through the hallways of Hanseong Academy with purpose, her tennis racquet bouncing lightly against her leg. At 17 years old, she was not only in her last year of high school but already a professional tennis player. Her long, dark hair framed her determined face, and her athletic build attested to the countless hours she had spent on the court.

Jina, Jieun's younger sister, walked alongside her. She didn't dare to say a word yet. She knew exactly where Jieun was heading.

As the sisters made their way through the bustling hallway, their chatter mingled with the sounds of slamming lockers and hurried footsteps. Jieun's eyes narrowed as she spotted Jeon Jungkook, a well-known figure in the school, surrounded by a group of basketball players, with his tousled brown hair and charming smile.

"Jungkook."

The boy turned around, and as their eyes locked for a brief moment, it sent an electric current coursing through Jieun's veins. A small, knowing, and sarcastic smile danced on her lips, mirrored by Jungkook's casually endearing grin.

"In the flash," he replied. "What's up, princess?"

"Don't even," Jieun snapped, striding closer until she stood just a few feet away from him, her tennis racquet gripped tightly in her hand. "Are you trying to sabotage me?"

Jungkook's brow furrowed, his earlier charm dissipating under her accusatory stare. "What are you talking about?"

"Don't play dumb with me," she hissed, her voice low but brimming with anger. "Did you know that because of your childish behavior in class yesterday, the teacher didn't dismiss us on time, and I ended up being really late for my practice? Now I have to come in for training on weekends too. Thanks a lot."

Jungkook's brow furrowed for a moment, then smoothed as a realization dawned on him. A sheepish grin spread across his face. "Oh, that," he chuckled softly. "My bad. It totally slipped my mind it would affect you."

"Well, it did! This is my future we're talking about, you stupid jerk—every minute counts, and you jeopardized that."

Jungkook scratched the back of his head as he and his friend exchanged looks. "I'm sorry, Jieun... You know I'd never do anything to intentionally... harm Coach Kim's golden girl."

She glared at him, her eyes blazing with intensity. "You think this is funny?"

Jungkook's smile faltered as he took a step back. "No, of course not," he replied, his tone more serious now. "I was just fooling around. I won't do it again, okay?"

Jieun's irritation started to fade away, overtaken by a slight feeling of guilt due to his apology. They have known each other since middle school. She understood him well and could tell when he truly regretted something, even though he tended to be mischievous sometimes with his jokes.