6

Here is a happy update, let's go 🥳

*** Yashoda ***

It's almost late night and the general is yet to return, haven't seen him since he gave me the food this afternoon, which in retrospect is good because I don't want to follow that strange tradition of consummating our marriage within three days.

It is just so weird, so I decided to use this to my advantage and went to slept in a separate room locking the door from inside. I was fully prepared to be woken up in the middle of the night, but to my surprise I wasn't. Instead I woke up to the warm morning sun rays.

I quickly showered and made my way to the general's room to find him just stepping out.

"General sir," I called him and he turned back.

"You are leaving?" I asked surprised.

"Yes," he nodded sounding a little worried, "I've got an investigation scheduled with the king."

"For?" I asked.

"Telling the truth," he replied, "I saw a snake in the chamber. I told there is a snake in the chamber but the snake managed to manipulate the King that it is not a snake and the general is to now bear the brunt."

I blinked my eyes twice confused.

"Nevermind," he shook his head, "The point is, I am leaving and am going to have a long day today. Is there anything you want from me?"

"Yes," I immediately answered coming out of my confusion, "Do you...do you have time to see my new sarees?"

"Wrong timing, Yashu," he sighned, "I am in a hurry."

"Won't take more than a minute, I promise," I said.

"Alright," he nodded, "Make it quick."

I quickly went into my room and came back with the five sarees in my hand.

The general took it and started looking at them as if they were a stack of books.

"Nice!" "Nice!" "Nice!" he kept repeating as he handed over the sarees back one by one, not even bothering to look at the design but stopped when he reached the green saree, his expression visibly changing, his eyes softened as his hands ran through the fabric.

"Isn't this the..." he cleared his throat, "Isn't this the same saree you wore that day? At the river?"

"Yes," I smiled happily that he recognized, "Strange how I found the same color and pattern in the market..."

"Change into this," he interrupted me.

"Uh...what?" I asked taken aback by his sudden interest.

"Change into this saree, Yashu," he repeated, "I want to see how it looks on you."

"Now?" I asked hesitantly.

"Yes, now," he replied.

"Don't you have the investigation?" I asked.

"That can wait," he answered without a second thought, "Please let me see you in green."

This...this is so unlike him. Is he possessed?

"Please," he asked again. I nodded and went to change.

Something is wrong with the general today!

The snake story, the green saree...something is terribly wrong!

*** Randheera ***

You are such an idiot, Dheera!

Why are you so desperate to see her in green and why are you acting so weird!?