35. Traffic Jam 3/4

ああやだやだ衝突だ 何処のどいつが悪いんだ?!

パシャパシャとフラッシュ焚いた まあなんて可哀想な?

'Wait a minute-'

You were running past the crowd, shaking your head to get your bangs out of your vision as you swiftly entered the stadium, spotting some of your friend's brightly colored uniforms, running over to group with them.

"Tch... of course she has to be here," was the first thing you heard spoken from one of the boys, making you immediately raise an offended eyebrow, reaching for your magical pen, Ace put a hand over yours to tell you to stop without words. Making you let out an annoyed scoff, putting your hand on your hip, standing in your sassy glory.

"It's over.." Leona suddenly spoke up, making you perk your head up curiously, you straightened yourself a bit to pay attention more, your eyes scanning Leona up and down. You couldn't miss the look of pure disappointment and stone hard cold look he had in his eyes, like he was trying to deny everything in his head.

You felt your shoulders slump a bit at the sight of the beast man look so despaired yet so prideful, you felt your heart tug a bit at his expression, but was snapped out of it when Leona's little minion spoke up with a surprised and a denying look on his light skinned face.

"W-what..? You- you can't be serious! Leona-"

"Did you not hear me? Malleus is unhurt, there is no chance for us winning,"

Leona's words were like a knife, cutting and carving their meanings onto the heads and hearts of the very men he led, leaving them all to bleed a bit. Leona's defeated stance and look only pressed pressured onto their wounds, their pride for their house had fallen as soon as Leona uttered those words.

The thought of that made your insides stir uncomfortably, making you narrow your eyes in agitation at Leona's attitude, 'If you were going to stop just like that just because of this Malleus, why bother at all?' You thought with furrowed eyebrows, it didn't really make sense to you, why did Leona try so hard if he was going to press the breaks so quickly?

You were confused and mad, Leona wasted everyone's time- his teammates, his peers, his own house, Ruggie, someone you thought was all buddy-buddy with the dang guy, your time. The uncomfortable stir grew into an unsettling urge, you wanted to open your mouth and rant, to punch Leona square in the jaw, thankfully, Yuu and the others noticed your slight twitch with your hand.

Deuce put a hand on yours, pushing it down, signaling that no, you should not go batshit crazy over Leona's absurdness, making you roll your eyes but you gave it a rest anyway.

Ruggie's dull eyes widen, the state in shock he was in only allowed him to let a mere, "What-?", you noticed that his hyena ears drooped from their usual positions, making the feeling of rage grow more, if it was a dull hellish red before, it had saturated into a fiery, bright red by now. You felt your eye twitch slightly.

"B- but even with Malleus, we injured enough players- and if you don't play.. I don't think we can even make top three.." at his vocal thoughts, Ruggie looked down, now also having a despaired look, you heard small murmurs in the crowd of Savanaclaw students, you wanted to turn your head but the scene in front of you kept you from doing so.