Making it Right

"Oh", he said, taking the lollies from his mouth, then putting it back in again. "Yeah... as serious as I am about us"

I looked at him, lost for words.
Here we go again...

———

Everyday since that day, I would find random flowers on the seat I normally take in any of my classes.

Each bouquet has a picture of a moon.
And each one has a random confession.

Monday
Gen Chem 2

I first laid eyes on you that freshmen orientation day. I didn't want to go, but Caloy said he needed to give something to Issa. He was pointing at her, but my eyes found you instead.

I saw a smile plastered on your lips, but your eyes looked sad.
I was watching you that whole time.
You would smile a genuine smile when no one is looking.
And at the same time, that smile suddenly disappears the moment you thought no one is watching.

I hate that you can't even decide when to smile and when not to...
I hate that you looked lost
I hate that you needed to pretend that you weren't...

The moment I lifted my head, I found Conrad leaning at the wall of the door to Chem lab. Someone was saying something to him but his eyes were just on me. When he saw me looking at him, he smiled, raised his hand and waved.
Then he was gone.

———

Then every night since the night before, I would find flowers placed randomly on the kitchen counter or our dining table, with a simple note to end the day.

That night, there's a bouquet of tulips in a glass jar placed on the kitchen counter.

I didn't need to ask Aya who's flowers are those. Her smile and shrug of shoulders say it all. I went to take the card, and this time it's a simple "I missed you today. I was happy when you looked up and found me though. I hope you had great day. Good night!"

———

I was killing some time on a bench near the library, when someone sat opposite my chair. There are three different cake slices in front of me and two cups of hot drinks.

I didn't need to look up to know who the person is.

"How did you know I was here?", I asked, my eyes not leaving the table where the cakes were placed.

"Instinct?", he said, sounding not sure. "I went to this cafe last night and saw these cakes. I was not sure which one you'd like, so I took all the chocolate cakes they have", he said, as he was opening all the containers, and handed me a fork.

"I won't be making you a new one, Conrad", I said, as I took a spoonful from one.

"Tsk! I'm not asking you to. I just wonder whether there is anything that reminds you of me", and this time, I lifted my head to look at him, because I wasn't sure if he's making fun of me, or he's simply happy seeing me happy having cakes.

"And food is definitely something that made you remember me?"

"Remembering is for something that you forget or skip your mind... you never left my head, so there's no reminding that is needed", he said that with wrinkled brows, as if that mere questions has offended him.

Is he for real?
This is probably the first time that I'm hearing these kinds of words from him.

"Don't you have other better things to do?", I asked, as I took another bite from the other slice.