CHAPTER ONE

(episode one ; the vanishing of will byers)

CASSIE HARRINGTON WAS THE MOST DESIRED GIRL at Hawkins High, and she knew it. Being the hottest cheerleader on the team, and having those large, hypnotising eyes created her reputation. Being the younger sister of Steve Harrington and coming from an extremely wealthy family helped her popularity, too. But it also had its perks.

More than half the guys at the school fawned over the cheerleader, desiring from afar. But no one dared trying to make a move on her, frightened of her famous brother; King Steve.

The two siblings were just like any two ordinary wealthy brother and sister. They were completely inseparable as children, tied to the hip. But as Steve got older, he got meaner and spiteful. Cassie blamed her brothers downfall on the two people she despised; Tommy and Carol.

She hated the way they strutted the hallways as if they were better than everyone else. She hated how Tommy. H was a complete pervert who was apparently so in love with his girlfriend, that he slept with another whore every fortnight. She hated the way Carol looked at her as they strolled passed eachother, aggressively chewing her gum with jealousy.

But most of all, she hated how they had taken her brother away from her. They changed him into this bully. And all Cassie wanted back was her big brother, Steve Harrington, and not this 'King Steve'.

——

The younger Harrington casually got herself out of her brothers burgundy BMW, closing the door gently to avoid the annoyed yells from Steve. She lightly brushed down her cheerleading uniform, holding onto the straps of the bag on her back, and without saying a word to her brother, walked towards the one place she hated more than home. School.

Her locker door slammed shut with her bag now inside it, and came face to face with her best friend.

Chrissy Cunningham was one of Cassie's only true friends in Hawkins High. She was practically one of the only girls that didn't completely hate her for no reason except utter jealousy, and wasn't just using her to sleep with her brother. The blonde girl was the sweetest and most cutest human being Cassie had honestly ever met. She felt like she could tell her friend anything without being judged, ever.

"Guess who I just saw checking you out?" Chrissy grinned widely at her with the most gorgeous smile.

Cassie playfully rolled her eyes, beginning to walk as Chrissy followed beside her in unison. "Probably no one that hasn't before," she scoffed. She wasn't full of herself, she was just used to it all, and truthfully, she was getting a bit sick of it. "But do you wanna know who I saw checking you out yesterday at lunch?" Cassie now asked with a large smirk.