Chapter 12: Marching of the Giants

Začít od začátku

"You're indeed a clever girl. I've heard rumors about Rodenius' infrastructure gradually changing; it's not a drastic change, but enough to make my spies exclaim. They reported that those devices are involved in construction work, seemingly for civil projects," Michels commented.

"I noticed that too. I was surprised to see images of newcomers wearing attire and carrying weapons similar to ours, albeit with camouflage gear that closely resembles recent upgrades to our military uniforms. They wear hats with strange symbols on them, which I believe represent their forces." Phillame then presented covertly captured photos from Holy Kingdom spies, depicting individuals of varying skin tones dressed similarly but armed with different weapons.

"I've never seen such dusky models before. However, judging from these technological features, their military capabilities might surpass those of powerhouse nations like your Holy Mirishial," teased Michels.

"Oh, if that's the case, our Holy Kingdom wouldn't be the center anymore, and we still don't know how their other forces' technologies fare. It's laughable to think they could encroach on the Holy Kingdom's position," replied Phillame, furrowing her brows upon hearing that. The thought of her nation being usurped by external forces was unacceptable, especially when it challenged her sense of national pride.

"Onto the next topic, it's been weeks, but Mu hasn't delivered any shipments to the Central Region. If they no longer transport food, they're undoubtedly breaking agreements with central nations," Michels stated.

"Why bring that up here? It's not worth caring about," she replied, surprised and disinterested in matters concerning Mu.

"I disagree. Agartha imports a considerable amount of food from Mu. To abandon that agreement and resort to purchasing inferior food from neighboring countries is akin to descending into hell," argued Michels.

"That only confirms that you haven't acclimatized to the food of the central region," Phillame chuckled playfully. Their conversation continued until a sound reverberated from the sky.

RRRROOOOAAAAARRR x2

"What on earth?" Michels expressed his displeasure as the tranquil moments of their relaxation were disrupted by the sound coming from Elpacio-3.

Distance 250km off the coast of Cartalpas

A formation of 3 Alpha-3 aircraft, commonly known as Elpacio-3, flew in a V-shaped formation.

"We are conducting approach maneuvers towards an unidentified fleet, Over," the lead pilot on the Elpacio-3 jet spoke with a tense demeanor.

"Copy that, defensive protocols have been authorized; you are cleared to engage if the mysterious fleet exhibits hostile intent, Over." the command center at Cartalpas Air Base responded. It was the first time such defensive protocols had been issued, leaving the pilots feeling uneasy.

A prolonged silence ensued as the Elpacio-3 pilots continued their approach. It wasn't because they disliked conversation, but rather because they needed to focus on identifying the mysterious fleet. At this moment, the pilots were still unaware that the legendary Zeroth fleet had been defeated by the Kingdom of Maroc.

The roar of the Elpacio-3 engines reverberated, echoing in the ears of the pilots and igniting their hearts. It was as if reminding them that this time, the enigmatic adversaries were not merely uncivilized outsiders. Adrenaline surged through their veins, sharpening the senses of each pilot exponentially.

"CAPE-75 and CAPE-89, perform a sweep of the area" CAPE-12 ordered CAPE-75 and CAPE-89.

"Copy, wing commander" the two pilots responded to CAPE-12's orders. They began conducting environmental checks, ensuring they weren't taken by surprise during their maneuver.