Dear Danielle, Love Andi

by LaPucelle08

FLASH!

Pink-glossed lips pulled endless smiles without feeling tired and numb. A pair of cinnamon brown eyes stood out, its twinkle never faltered and remained glistening like shiny pebbles. The voluptuous body knew exactly what to do–the right movement and angle of arms, as to how it’d appear befitting for a shot. Each pose was different from the other, there was no dull moment.

FLASH!

Look at me now.’ The favorite Selena Gomez’s song played repetitively in her head.

The photographer was done with his final shot and shook his head in astonishment. “Wow, I’m impressed Dane…you are undoubtedly gorgeous”

“Do you mind emailing me some of these shots? Can I use them as my profile pictures on social media?” Dane asked, pointing at the pictures she preferred to get.

“Yeah, of course, let me apply some minor polishing and I’ll email it to you, but y’know even if I don’t edit, your pictures will look just fine” A wide playful grin plastered on the photographer’s face. “Dang it, Dane, you’re killing it!” He laughed, “Plus you are making my job easier unlike some!”

Dane hit him on the shoulder lightly, a playful gesture as she chuckled. “We are helping each other succeed in our work, Eli”

The staff around them began to unroll the coverings, turn off headlights, and arrange pieces of equipment back to their packing as they finally called it a day. The backdrop in the studio was carefully taken down. Dane went to the dressing room to get changed. After putting into a comfortable white top and denim shorts, Dane sat in front of her vanity dresser and stared at herself.

“...undoubtedly gorgeous…” She repeated Eli’s words in front of the mirror. “You are gorgeous, perfect, and undisputed because you are Dane”

Danielle known as Dane for short to everyone had been working as a model at Brighter Agency, she started doing it freelance and as a supporting figure only until she got noticed and was allowed to become center stage. The magazine where she was featured had the highest sales two years ago, easily overtaking the long-time models of Brighter Agency.

Their most common insight about Dane was her power came from appearing natural and comfortable in her skin or herself. She never was stiff or uneasy, like a river flow leading to the ocean and blending in without any qualms.

Dane left the studio afterward, the excitement didn’t fade out yet because guess what? Her birthday is coming literally! She would be turning 30 tomorrow and despite nearing the end of the calendar, Dane was an irresistible wine.

“My enchantress” Standing outside at the back of the building was Seiya, Dane’s long-time boyfriend whom they first met after college. Seiya walked forward, wrapping his arms around Dane to shower her with amorous affection.

Dane looked up at his boyfriend. “And you never get tired of complimenting me, I wonder if that day will ever come” She stood on her tiptoes to peck his lips.

“Nah, I’m insatiable” Seiya was not part of the industry Dane was working in, he was more in an office set-up but he held a managerial position. The building where he worked was only a few blocks from Brighter Agency.