Behind a glass

Me?

I looked at it stunned, he's talking to me? This whole time? I was dead? I laughed at myself, for my innocence, for my thought being I'm still alive but under a curse.

"Childe? Are you talking to the corpse again?" Alrecchino asked standing by the door. "You've caught me." Childe replied and signalled Alrecchino to come closer.

Her heels knocked on the floor as she looked down at my body. "Throughout these weeks I've finally found something about her." Childe crossed his arms.

"I've tracked her house down, asking from her neighbours and friends. Apparently, she escaped from a father with drug withdrawal symptom." Childe replied.

"How did you even track down her house?" Alrecchino asked. "Just go back to that place, and walk in the reverse direction, I asked many houses for this one." Childe said and turned his head to look at my corpse.

"Then what happened?" Alrecchino asked. "I found her father and interrogated him, that's when I found out, he murdered her mother, and has drug addiction. He attempted numerous attempts on attacking me." Childe said.

"So you just slammed his head on the table?" Alrecchino asked. "Kind of." Childe replied. "After all of those chaos, he finally calmed down, crying and muttering and cursing some names, so I sent a squad to search for those people." Childe continues.

"They are the ones who tricked him into drug addiction." Childe added. "Do you somehow know her for you do research like that?" Alrecchino asked.

"Somehow, yeah." Childe replied. "Oh?" Alrecchino raised her eyebrows.

"I used to love ice fishing."

"I know that."

"I forgot what year is it, I saw her once at the frozen pond."

Her dress fluttered as she skated on the ice. Arched back, right hand up and left hand at the side, the blade scratched along the ice, never stops the momentum of the spins.

Snezhnaya was yet to be punished by blizzard. I looked at the girl on ice, the amount of skill it takes to stay steady on a slippery surface. I stayed to watch her show, not even cutting open the ice for my ice fishing.

The cracking rang in her ears, abruptly stopping her show. "Sestra!" A child around Teucer's age ran towards the ice. "Biyu No!" She screamed. Her little boots slipped and she slammed on the ice.

She skated toward Biyu as the ice cracks started to catch up on her, throwing her into the soft snow before the ice breaks and pulls her into the cold waters.

"SESTRA!" Biyu screamed. I dropped everything and dived into the water. She sank deeper and deeper, water getting colder and colder struggling to get a grip of me.

The grip was so close yet so far, slipping away from my fingers. Dear Folçalors, give me a chance to swim faster.

Oxygen was drained from my lungs, at the last moment, our hands caught eachother. She fainted, it is up to me now, if I can't make it, both of us is going to die, in this cold place.

"Sestra! Sestra!" Biyu called out. She groaned to wake up, seeing only her and some village elders surrounding her. "Thank Tsaritsa!" Her mother hugged her tightly.

She turned her head around to see me, but I had already left the scene back to my family.

"I didn't manage to save her this time." Childe said with grief as I quietly listened close. No wonder he felt so familiar, I've seen him before.... But who is Biyu?

"It's really adorable if one sacrifices for their family members, as that what it's for, cover eachother." Alrecchino said.

"I have no idea how much I've hidden from Biyu, I just can't take her reaction if she finds out." Childe scratched his head.

I looked between them as I tried to catch their attention, but no avail. Only if one of them was geo delusion or vision holder. "But it really brings back memories to see her spin and twirl like that." Childe said with a smile, trying to heat up the cold atmosphere.

"I used... to dance?" I asked myself. "I think I do." I replied. Childe opened the glass box and stuffed a Rainbow rose in my hand. He removed the withered Sumeru rose and threw it away.

"Say, you are nice sometimes, you would pick some flowers on your expenditions and share some with her." Columbina jumped out from no where.

Childe turned his head around and saw the other harbingers standing there by the door. "We've heard your conversation Childe." Sandrone said and her marionette brought her closer to the glass box.

"I wonder have you tried to throw in cor lapis." "Regrator! Respect the girl." Columbina pinched him. "Is Snezhnaya perhaps too cold and preserved her well? Well then a specimen like her can be used-" "Dottore!" Columbina huffed. She went up the glass box and lied at its side.

"I'm sorry you had to hear this." Columbina said and held your cheek. She smiled and hummed you a song while they looked at eachother.

"Having Deja vu?" Childe asked and they all nodded in sync. I shuttled in between them. 9 harbingers, none of it has a geo delusion.