l ; love potions and laughable rumors

Start from the beginning

"Speaking of Sirius..." Hermione said, looking up to the open window at the top of the ceiling. Hundreds of owls were flying through, each carrying a different sized package or stack of letters. A familiar brown owl came swooping down to our table and dropped a small letter on our table in between Harry and I. It was addressed to the both of us. I snatched it up before Harry could, and he let out a small groan.

"Bite me." I said before tearing open the letter and reading it out to him, Ron and Hermione. "Be at stile at the end of road out of Hogsmeade, (past Dervish and Banges) at two o'clock on Saturday afternoon. Bring as much food as you can."

"See? That one is longer than the one he sent me." Harry reasoned as soon as I finished reading. I glared at him from over the letter, and he quickly shut his mouth and looked anywhere but me.

"He hasn't come back to Hogsmeade, has he?" Ron asked nervously, taking the letter from my hands.

"It looks like it, doesn't it?" Hermione sighed as we all stood up from the table, grabbing our bags.

"I can't believe him!" Harry scoffed, running his hand through his hair. I quickly looked down at the floor so I wouldn't start accidentally staring.

"Why? This is great news! You've been moaning all year about not seeing him." I shrugged. I redirected my gaze to the direct center of the Hufflepuff table as we walked passed, and focused my attention on the familiar boy sitting there. He seemed to have felt my eyes on him, and he looked up from the card game him and his friends were playing. He smirked knowingly, raising his eyebrows at me as I felt my cheeks flush red and looked away from him and continued to walk.

"Yeah, but if he gets caught then..."

"He's made it this far though, hasn't he?" Ron said through a mouthful of toast he had managed to bring with him. "And it's not like the place is swarming with dementors anymore."

-

"There they are!" A girl giggled as we tried to push open the door to the dungeons for potions. Pansy Parkinson was standing in the center of a huddle of Draco, Crabbe and Goyle holding a newspaper. On the front page was a picture of an older witch holding a sponge. Witch Weekly. "You might find something to interest you two!" She threw the paper to Hermione while grinning at me menacingly.

"Merlin, not again." I muttered under my breath as I stared at the paper in Hermione's shaking hands. At that moment, the dungeon door opened for everyone to stumble inside. The four of us sat at the back of the dungeon, as usual, and Hermione began to read from the newspaper.

"Harry Potter's Secret Heartache. A boy like no other, perhaps- yet a boy suffering all the usual pangs of adolescence, writes Rita Skeeter. Deprived of love since the tragic demise of his parents, fourteen-year-old Harry Potter thought he had found solace in his steady girlfriend, Jupiter Black."

"We aren't dating!" I hissed, banging my fists on the table. Harry's cheeks were a deep shade of red as he looked all around the room besides the three of us. "

"It gets worse." Hermione whispered, looking extremely ghastly as she continued to read from the paper. "Or so it seems. Miss Granger, a plain but ambitious girl, has been reported to be extremely 'close' to Mr. Potter, while Miss Black has been caught displaying rather romantic acts of affection in public with Cedric Diggory. Both girls seem to have a taste for famous wizards that Mr. Potter alone cannot satisfy. Since the arrival at Hogwarts of the Bulgarian bon-bon, Viktor Krum, and the selection of the charming Hufflepuff, Cedric Diggory, these two girls have been toying with both boys' affections. Krum, who is openly smitten with the devious Miss Granger, has already invited her to visit him in Bulgaria over the summer holidays, and insists that he has "never felt this way about any other girl."