EPISODE 46

EPISODE 46 [⎷]p a g e  f o r t y s i x  : M E N D  M Y  B R O K E N  H E A R T

EPISODE 46 []
p a g e f o r t y s i x : M E N D  M Y  B R O K E N  H E A R T

takemichi came to a conclusion in the middle of washing the dishes.

-- that apparently, tenjiku boys (except kakucho) likes to come to his house unannounced and claim ever so casually that they'll be staying in for the night in his house.

takemichi barely spoke during dinner. he made it look like he was enjoying the chicken and preferred to eat in peace -- which is mostly true -- but truthfully, he was bewildered by the whole situation.

chiyo had apologized to him for not telling him that izana was coming over. sleeping over. izana's reason is still unknown, but seemingly chiyo's not wary of him unlike how she was when associated with mikey and his group. but evidently, instead of frankly telling him about izana's arrival, chiyo made izana the delivery guy who was driving over to deliver their buffalo wings. so it's chiyo's fault. only a little though.

"you must be surprised." izana says, wiping the plates dry before putting them in the rack, "sorry if i came uninvited."

takemichi looks at him alarmedly, "what-- no! i'm honestly happy to see you. and what do you mean uninvited? grandma did say she was expecting you and only forgot to tell me about it with how busy she was at work." the black-haired boy laughs to ease up the stiff air between them.

"sorry about that again. looks like i bothered her during her work."

"really, you don't have to apologize."

perhaps it's the decade of being apart from each other is what makes them both unable to predict what's going on in the other's mind. as takemichi lets himself wander in his own thoughts, he couldn't help but be curious of what reason izana has to convince chiyo in letting him stay in their house, much less overnight.

takemichi discreetly looks at izana-- the boy quietly wiping the washed plates with a calm smile as though drying the plates is the dearest thing that he ever done in his life. takemichi wanted to ask but he's afraid of what the reason might be, afraid that he might know something he wasn't supposed to. it would feel like crossing the boundary between them and that's truly the last thing takemichi wants to do.

and strangely, izana being here with him doesn't bother him that much. even though it's a bit awkward between them. but surely, they'll find a way to work it out.

takemichi quickly redirected his gaze at the sink when the taller boy suddenly looked at him, a bashful blush blooming on his cheeks. he felt shame pool in his stomach when he heard an amused scoff right beside him.

"hey," izana calls, his voice velvety yet curious, "aren't you curious about how i got your number?"

takemichi peps up, eyes snapping back at the other, "oh yeah. where did you get my number?"