CHAPTER 3

As Krishna and Balram strolled through the winding streets of Mathura at twilight, they reached the bustling city square, their eyes were drawn to a towering statue of Kamsa, gleaming in the fading light.

The statue was a grandiose depiction of the tyrant, with intricate details showcasing his cruel demeanor. Its imposing presence dominated the square, commanding attention from all who passed by.

Balram's brow furrowed as a strange feeling crept over him, as if the statue didn't belong there. The statue of Kamsa loomed over the square, casting a shadow that seemed to stretch endlessly. Balram felt a sense of unease, as though the sight of the statue triggered a distant memory that he couldn't quite place.

"Yaha kuch aur tha...." He muttered.

Krishna's eyes were drawn to a pedestal at the base of the statue, a board affixed to it proclaiming the supposed greatness of Kamsa. It seemed new, deliberate, as if it had been recently added to a previous structure.

With a determined gaze, Krishna steps closer to the statue. He gripped the edges and pulled with all his might. The board resisted at first, but with a powerful yank, it came loose, revealing a shimmering golden engraving beneath.

Balram's eyes widened in disbelief as he recognized the name of the warrior princess etched into the stone.

"शत्रुघ्नस्य महाराजस्य भातृजा
अस्याः मधुरापुरीस्य शिल्पकारः रामसुता |"
(The Niece of Maharaj Shatrughan, the Architect of this Madhurapuri, Ramsuta.)

Throwing the board aside, Krishna said, "Yaha Rameshwari ki murti honi chahiye."

"Unki hi murti thi." An old man approached, clutching a bundle in his weathered hands, "Kintu Kamsa ne use tudwa diya."

His eyes welled up with tears as he carefully unwrapped the bundle he held, revealing the broken face of the statue. The half-face, adorned with intricate carvings and a fierce expression, spoke volumes of the history it held.

The old man said, "Inki murti yaha sahastro varsho se thi, tab se jab Mathura Madhurapuri ke naam se jana jata tha. Hum inhe Mathura ke Vishwakarma ke roop mei pujte the. Inhone humare nagar ki neev rakhi thi. Kintu Kamsa Ramsuta ka sammaan nahi kar paya.... Jinhone rokne ka prayas Kiya unhe dandit kiya gaya...." The man's voice quivered as he recounted the tale of how Kamsa had destroyed the statue that had stood for thousands of years.

Balram's hands trembled as he gently caressed the shattered piece, which was the replica of the one who was once his niece, dearer to him than life. Krishna's eyes blazed with fury as he looked at the face, now fragmented and damaged by Kamsa's cruelty.

The old man knelt down before the boys and pleaded, "Aap dono devta pratit hote hai... Hume Kamsa ke atank se bachaye. Hum sabki raksha kare...."

"Aap chintit na ho." Krishna assured.

The brothers then left the square, the echoes of the past lingered, fueling their resolve to confront Kamsa and restore honor to the kingdom, just as it was once in the reign of Shatrughan.

As Krishna and Balram strode through the king's road, they decided to take a look at the prestigious bow at the yagya, under the guise of attending which, they had been called here.

"Suniye ? Yeh dhanuyagya kaha hoga ?" Krishna asked one of the locals.

The people informed them, "Uss oor. Rangshala mei."

"Dhanyawad." The brothers went on their way.

Soon, they arrived at a grand arena where a Dhanuyagya was taking place. A huge crowd had gathered, eager to witness the event. Krishna and Balram made their way through the throng of people, their eyes fixed on the magnificent bow that lay at the center of the arena, guarded by a large company of men, who were respectfully worshiping it. It was a large weapon, gem-studded and opulent. It seemed to akin to the bow of Indra.

The guards, growing increasingly agitated, tried to block his path, but Krishna's determination was unwavering. As he reached the bow, a hush fell over the crowd, all eyes fixed on the young boy. With a serene smile, Krishna effortlessly lifted the massive bow, its weight inconsequential in his hands.

The onlookers gasped in amazement, realizing they were in the presence of someone truly extraordinary. With a confident smile, he skillfully strung the bow, causing murmurs of amazement among the onlookers. The air crackled with anticipation as Krishna drew the bowstring back with a gentle pull. Suddenly, a resounding snap echoed through the arena as the bow broke into two pieces, just as an excited elephant might break a stalk of sugar cane.

This sent shockwaves through the crowd, Enraged guards immediately lunged at him, accusing him of sacrilege.

"Pakdo inn dono ko ! Bandhi bana lo !"

Seeing the guards coming upon them with evil intent, Krishna and Balram took up the two halves of the bow and began striking down any guard that dared to approach them.

After killing a contingent of soldiers, the brothers left the sacrificial arena by its main gate and continued their walk about the city, happily looking at the opulent sights. seeing their strength, boldness and beauty, the people of the city thought they must be two prominent gods.

As they strolled about at will, the sun began to set, so they left the city and went back to the village where they had made their encampment.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Narayan and his habit of breaking bows 🌝😂❤️

Aur Mamu jo tumne Rameshwari ki murti todi hai.... Tumare haddiyo ke bhi utne hi tukde honge 🌝🔥