Play Ball • CE

Request #28: Hi I was wondering if you could make a single mom reader x any of chris evans characters or him
And him being  a better father to her child than her ex and u could make a story line aswell

@fluffy_vampire

This one is for you!❤️‍🔥⚾️🧢☺️

"I can't make it," your ex husband tells you on the phone. You close your eyes and fight your tears back because what you'll have to do next is going to shatter your heart.

"Please," you resort to your last option. Begging, "he's by the door waiting for you! Dan, you promised."

"What do you want me to do, Y/n?!" Snapping at you, and turning this over to you was an issue that ultimately led to you separating from him.

Best decision ever.

Until it comes to the point where he can't even pick up your kid to practice his throws for baseball. After promising your son that he would be here to pick him up.

"I can't make it. Okay? Just tell him I'll take him out for ice cream this weekend. He's a kid, he won't remember we were supposed to practice today."

"He will!" You argue, kids remember everything. And your son was already dressed in his baseball clothes and everything.

"Gotta go, it's fine don't make this a big deal, Y/n. Tell Ry I'll pick him up on Saturday for ice cream." Dan hangs up on you. And you hear voices from his office before he does.

"Oh I'll show you what a big deal is...you piece of—"

"—mommy?"

Seven year old Ryan appears, after finding waiting by the front door extremely boring, he sees you speaking to yourself in the kitchen.

"Hi baby," you try not to sound so sad, and quickly find a way to cheer him up once you break it to him. Perhaps a trip to the park? Or a picnic?

It's the perfect spring day for that.

"He's not coming."

Ryan slouches his shoulders down, he knows how to read you well—you're his mother. He pouts, and like you suspected it shatters your heart.

Rushing over to him, you fall to your knees, and hug him. He hugs you back, holding his head against you, you guys take the time to just be.

"How about," you pull away and grab his hands, making sure he was really focusing on you before speaking, "we head to the park? And we can get some McDonald's on the way there?"

His frown quickly turns into a happy smile, your son loves McDonald's and because it's not the healthiest you don't let him have it all the time.

"Well!" You cheer, "what are you waiting for?"

Ryan quickly chirps up, rushing to grab your keys on the table leading out to the garage. He loves to start it for you.

Quickly you grab the picnic blanket from one of the cabinets in the kitchen, and your purse. Then the both of you were on your way...

You enjoy your cheeseburger, while your son eats his happy meal happily. You love seeing him this way.

And everytime your ex husband lets your son down, you're the only one who can cheer him up and make your son forget all about it.

Grabbing a napkin you pat clean the corner of his lips, and then sneakily add in a kiss on his cheek.

He looks a lot like you, thank god, because you're not sure if you'd be able to look at your kid that looks just like their father.