"Commander Caswell wrote to me before hanging them, as their betrayal is far more grave in a way." Valaena watched as Cregan's knuckles turned slightly white, from clenching his fists so hard. She shuddered at how he must be feeling. His brother's last moments had been stolen from him. More than one young life, four men and a village. A Stark had died from their hands. His clenched jaw and fists must be nothing compared to the anger he felt.

Her feet took her towards Cregan, she tried to offer him some comfort by placing her palm on his hand. grimacing at how warm his hands felt, almost clammy. His fingers retracted slighty as if he flinched at her touch, and she felt distance between them, would she ever feel Northern, did she belong here.

"Are we to join a party of men."

"We'll meet them at the wall." Grunted Cregan as he eyed his wife's appearance. The light grey cloak she had gifted him hung across a chair he slid his hand from hers, grabbing the thick hide and sliding it across her shoulders. "Come."

The air outside was cold, and besides mud in the yard of Castle Black, Valaena's boots slipped across the ice and snow while nearing the horses. She breathed out, trying to follow Cregan's steady stride.

She wasn't used to the mud, or sliding ice, it reeked and it was cold. Her fingers ached and her skin itched from the heavy fabrics. Tears welled in her eyes and she nearly wept as she lost her footing again. Her eyes averted from the yard, hundreds of men watched her and Cregan, watched her, a strange southern Princess, visiting their sacred wall. Their keep.

Closing her eyes for a moment, trying to hold her feet steady, the heels of her boot sliding in the thick slippery mud that sat half frozen.

"Laena."

Opening her eyes Valaena was met with the Stark Blue eyes of Cregan Stark, he frowned slightly at her, holding out his hand. She didn't take it, but her breath left her nontheless as he slipped one arm around her waist. "I will have new boots made for you, boots that allow you to walk Northern grounds." Promised Cregan, his warm breath hitting the side of her face. She nodded, remaining silent as he helped her mount her horse.

"Commander Caswell."  Called Cregan out as he held the reigns in his hand. One palm resting on his wife's leg. Making Valaena bite the inside of her cheek. His fingers slightly pressed on her thigh. "My wife and I will ride out after you, go forth."

"My Lord."

Valaena sucked in her breath, the air sliding past her lips as Cregan's hand remained unmoved. He watched the men ride out.

They left only moments later, slowly leading their horses through the snow.
Valaena stared at the wall, when her ancestor, Queen Alysanne had visited the wall she had tried to fly over it on Silverwing, despite her many efforts the Dragon continued to refuse heading over the wall. Would Sapphire refuse her also? Perhaps she had to test her theory soon, before she intentioned to allow for Sapphire to join the other Dragon on Dragonstone for a while.

Queen Alysanne had held a woman's court and changed a handfull of ancient laws up North, such as the Right of the first night, a more than cruel tradition which allowed for Lord's to lay or rather rape the newlywed wives of their lesser country and bannermen. She shuddered at the thought. Gratefull not to have been born a millers daughter centuries ago.

"Come Laena." Cregan had slid off his own horse, "I'll teach you to walk in the snow."

Cregan told her to point out her toes, and keep her head up. Holding her hands at the sides so that she would keep her balance. She gazed up at him, smiling.