𝟬𝟬𝟴 - chapter eight

Start from the beginning

"What is it?".

Gracie tilted Brooke's head up with a finger under her chin, looking down at her neck.

"Um...". Gracie bit her bottom lip to try and hold in her laugh.

Katie grabbed her phone and put it on camera, passing it to Brooke. Brooke looked at herself through the phone that was on camera, and then her eyes widened. Hickeys on her neck.

"Oh- uh". Brooke stammered as Katie took her phone back with a laugh, shaking her head while Gracie awkwardly looked away.

"Come on, let's go upstairs". Katie nodded, walking over to Brooke. "I'll help you hide those".

After Katie helped Brooke hide the hickeys with make up, they went back downstairs, Gracie already finished making all of the pancakes for everyone. Now, they were sat down around the table in the dining room, Brooke obviously sat next to Gracie as they all ate their food. JJ was sat in between his sons, and Katie was sat next to Gracie on her right side, since Brooke was on her left.

"These are great". Henry said as he took a bite of his pancake, and he looked over to Gracie. "Since when could you cook?".

Gracie playfully rolled her eyes while Henry and Auggie laughed.

Brooke stared down at her pancake, holding onto her fork and just picking on it instead of eating it. She bit her bottom lip, hearing the Abrams have a conversation, but she wasn't really paying attention. Then, she felt a hand go down to her knee and rub it slowly, and she looked over to Gracie, seeing the woman looking at her with a frown on her face. Gracie just continued to rub her knee while JJ looked at the couple.

Brooke just grabbed the cup that had some orange juice on it, and she took a sip out of it.

"You two have fun last night?".

Brooke choked on her drink after hearing those words come out of JJ's mouth, her mind immediately wandering back to last night. Gracie almost choked on her food, putting a hand over her mouth as her eyes widened, everyone looking at them in confusion.

"You good?". Auggie asked the couple, and the both of them just nodded.

"Um, sorry, what was that, dad?". Gracie asked, looking at her dad while Brooke awkwardly looked down at the ground.

"You two have fun last night?". He repeated. "We all played board games, remember? All of us".

"Oh, yeah!". Gracie nodded, clearing her throat. "Yeah, um- it was fun".

They all heard Katie giggle quietly, and Brooke looked over to her, seeing her put a hand over her mouth as she laughed.

After having breakfast, Brooke and Gracie were now standing at the front door, the Sturniolo girl putting her phone in her pocket as Gracie hugged her family, saying goodbye, since she wasn't going to see them in a while because she'll be going back to New York City with Brooke.

"Come back soon, yeah?". Katie mumbled, rubbing her daughter's back before pulling away from the hug. Gracie chuckled, nodding her head as she hugged her brothers, and then her dad right after.

"Yeah". Gracie nodded, pulling away from her dad after hugging him. "I'll call you when me and Brooke arrive in New York".

"It was nice meeting you". Henry smiled at Brooke, and he gave her a quick hug, the girl smiling over the taller boy's shoulder as she hugged him back.