Chapter 7 - The Night Before My Life Changes

Staying with the Tonks' has been nice. They have been treating me well, but that doesn't mean it isn't still awkward. These people have lived together for a long time; sometimes, I feel like an intruder. I can tell they want to ask questions, especially after my episode, but decided it is better not to. Even Dora seems unusually restrained. They look at me with pity, especially after my breakdown. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it.

Andromeda had brought me a trunk to pack my things for school. She said she put a charm on it so you could fit more than it would normally allow. I pull clothes out of the dresser and lay them in the trunk while Dora lays on the bed, throwing a ball to the ceiling before catching it again.

Andromeda knocks on the door before coming into the room. "Oh, hello, Nymphadora honey. I thought you were supposed to be at work?" 

Dora jumps off the bed, "Oh shi-," she starts.

"Nymphadora!" Andromeda scolds.

"Sorry!" she yells as she sprints down the hallway.

Andromeda sighs at her daughter before she walks over to the antique dresser and starts to help me pack.

"Are you excited for a new school tomorrow?" Andromeda asks.

"I guess," I reply.

"It can be difficult to get around at first, but you learn it quickly. You will also have your new friends to help each other get around. You can just stay on top of your work, and you will get through fine. Looking ahead a little won't hurt either."

We pack in silence before Andromeda speaks again, "Oh, by the way, a few people are coming over for dinner this evening."

I give a slight nod, then Andromeda leaves to start dinner. Not long goes by before I hear the high-pitched laughing and screaming of many kids.

I slowly come out of my room and walk towards the stairs. I peek down the stairs just to see the large, rambunctious red-headed family from Diagon Alley.

One of the red-headed twins catches my face before I can jerk back to hide behind the wall.

"Hey! I know you!" he yells.

Their heads snap to where I'm lurking at the top of the stairs. My cheeks flush, and my scalp starts to heat, a sign that my hair is starting to change. I try to breath in and out to help control the changing. I walk down the stairs and into the living room.

"Hello again Miss Noir," the older woman greets.

I give her an awkward smile. All the adults sit at the table and a couple blankets are laid on the floor for us to sit on, as their isn't enough room for us to all sit at the table. I eat in silence, observing how the other children interact with each other. They are constantly fighting, but then making up without any words so that they can gang up on another one of their siblings. It is so quick it gives you whip lash. 

"What house do you think you will be in?" one of the twins asks.

I assume it is Fred, since he never stops talking.

"What?" I ask.

"What Hogwarts house do you think you will be?" he questions again.

I look at him blankly, not understanding his words.

One of his older brothers clears his throat before speaking, "Hogwarts is broken into four houses," he speaks as though he is reading from a textbook. "Gryfindor for the brave, Ravenclaw for the wise, Hufflepuff for the loyal, and Slytherin for the cunning. Your house determines who you will spend the most time with."

I stare at him blankly before speaking, "How do you wakeup and decide to swallow a textbook?"

All of the red-head kids start laughing except him.

"Percy! Percy, she caught on so quickly!" the twin that talks less laughs.

Some times passes as I continue eating, ignoring the invasive questions coming from one of the twins. It isn't as though he is trying to be mean, it honestly seems as though he does not have a filter. He has been talking to me for fifteen minutes now without any response, he is practically having a conversation with himself. 

We finish eating and cleaning up, then I go back up stairs. I slowly move through the room as I gather the last few things laying around the room. I go to the bathroom to change and brush my teeth.

I look at myself in the mirror. I still look sickly, but not as much as before. The skin under my eyes have started to loose some of their bruising. I feel as though my hair has stopped falling out in clumps. Every few nights Andromeda will put oil on my scalp and sit with me while she massages it in before she helps me wash it and style it so it wouldn't become so frizzy. She said her sister had hair similar to mine, but mine was a little bit lighter in color. When she talks about her family her voice and face seems pained. Her voice will start to break, but she tries to hide it. Her face seems as though it physically pains her to think about it, but also as if it makes her happy to talk about it. 

I climb into the large bed and pull the thick layers of blankets over my body. I know after tomorrow my life will have changed permanently and their is no going back.

Hello loves, don't forget to vote and comment! Sorry for the shorter chapter, but I felt like it fit well and the next chapter will probably be on the longer side

Hello loves, don't forget to vote and comment! Sorry for the shorter chapter, but I felt like it fit well and the next chapter will probably be on the longer side. I have two weeks before finals, is anyone else feeling my pain right now? 

In honor of the sorting ceremony coming up what do you think 

Syria's house will be and what is your house?