Chapter 25 - Sweet Dreams In a Dreamscape

Previously...

Zenitsu looked at Cale in shock, how was this man even more beautiful than Inosuke? He might have even ask Cale to marry him if it weren't for the fact that he was a man.

***

Sometimes even the impossible can happen. That was Barrow's reaction when he saw Zenitsu charging at him, specifically Cale, at full speed.

"Don, you, get, near, him!"

Thwack!

Barrow knocked Zenitsu out with just a punch, who does this noodle head think he is? That was Cale, his little brother, he'll never let anyone near him even if he lets his guard down.

"You didn't have to go that hard you know.."

Cale looked at the unconscious Zenitsu on the ground and almost felt pity for the man, but he didn't really care. As long as he wasn't dead or in a grave situation, he should be fine. Plus, Zenitsu was about to hurl himself at him, a little punch wouldn't hurt.

Soon after a few days after Zenitsu passed out, Shinobu announced to the group that they would start their Rehabilitation Training to get ready for their next mission. Barrow could see Tanjiro asking Shinobu about Hinokami Kagura in private, where nobody would hear.

During the few days before training, Barrow had asked Tanjiro who it was that he fought that rendered him unable to move a single muscle. The answer he had received was quite the shocking one, who would even expect Tanjiro to face a Hunter one on one?

How did he know? The way Tanjiro described the person from the sword they wielded, foreign clothes, and the line they yelled before disappearing.

Of course he would know the term, "Take this offering of blood!" it was something used by Hunters every time they would escape to other worlds.

"How did he even encounter a Hunter.."

"It's probably just main character energy."

No, it definitely wasn't because of them, totally wasn't because of them. Not that they were aware of the fact that the Hunters were now lingering around because of them.

The few days passed with the Rehabilitation Training and all three of the Main Character's group had recovered. Barrow and Cale of course, were always fine.

***

"Shouldn't you guys hide your sword...?"

"Yes! You're right we should!"

'I'm scared...'

Cale clutched onto Barrow's sleeve after receiving the almost instant reply from Zenitsu who seemed to be way too excited for his own good. Why was he even acting like this?

The trio left, which left only Barrow and Cale near the station. They looked at each other and back at the forest where Upper Moon Three, Akaza would appear and kill Rengoku.

They'll be here to stop the death of Kyujuro Rengoku, that was the goal they had in mind ever since coming into this world.

"You better not overdo it, this body was originally weak, and your plate is still a little cracked because of it."