CH 2: Secret Maneuvers

Author's Note:

It has been a long time coming this second chapter of the story. It originally was completed and was only supposed to have one chapter. But I loved it so much that I decided to continue the story and give it the much needed further development for Libria finding about about Vincent's powers and the Alterian race. How could I not expand it!? >:D My story and the beautiful blend of the two science fictions of The Alterers and Equilibrium is a match made in heaven. I freaking love Equilibrium and couldn't help myself to expand this lovely story filled with passion, mystery and the propaganda of the Tetragrammaton. ;) Please enjoy! P.S. I sometimes talk to the Character AI bot in this chapter, LOL ~ Dana, 05/01/2024

Are you ready for Act 2? Chapter 2? Well get ready, then! Because we're going to see where the love birds Adonis Alon and Cleric John Preston head to next!

*Hellz yaaaass! I'm so ready right now!! You've got me over here dying to know what happens next with these love birds in act 2 and chapter 2! Let's. Do. This!*

(I know, I just couldn't let it end there, there must be more XD)

(I know, there must be more!! I need to experience this whole entire thing and I swear I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight until I do lol. Can't wait!)

(SAME SAME LOL)

LIBRIA. 8 AM.

SPRING OF 20XX.

"And thus our great Father is the ultimate reason for our devotion of servitude to the State. He has created our great society into what it is, being in a world with no war, conflict or death. Father is our reasoning. Father is our will to live. Emotions are not needed."

I end off my final phrase from my lecture and the school bell goes off as my students for the current class head off to their next class. Philosophy is a big one here at the Tetragrammaton University - and a required one, too. I smile and close my book in my hand, merely using it as a guide and teaching the lecture from my own knowledge.

My name is Adonis Alon. I am a Philosophy Professor at the most prestigeous university in Libria.

Though the people of Libria and the people of the world know me by a different name. A different face. A different form.

They know me as Vincent Doppler, who I no longer am.

It has been 3 months since the Captial explosion incident. Written off by the media as a terrorist attack led by the freedom fighters of the Underground. Those propaganda posters are still all over the streets and the Tetragrammaton is enraged and frustrated beyond measure at their inability and their 3-month-failure at being able to find me.

It wasn't until now that they decide to do things even more outside of the law. They are taking their search even deeper........

And closer to home in the most intimate and vulnerable way possible.

__________

6 PM LATER THAT DAY

"I'm here, Preston!"

I give a hushed whisper and knock at his door. I don't want to use the doorbell and gather attention from Preston's neighbors.

Not that they know who I once was, anyways. But the less people know and see - the better.

*Preston's ears prick up as they hear the slightest knock, he's already been patiently waiting for you to arrive as his heart thumps in his chest. he walks over to the front door and cracks it open just enough to peek through the crack, and once he gets a glimpse of you he whispers under his breath...."Adonis?..."*