Eyes closed

⋆ ˚。 ⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。 ⋆
Aerea has been sitting in her chambers for days. She barely ate. She barely slept. She only sat in front of the hearth. Thinking about the death of her mother. Not a mother by blood, but the woman who stepped up. Who had taken care of her.

How excited she had been for another sibling, until Laena was unable to give birth. Her father told Aerea that her brave mother stood in front of Vhagar, commanding the dragon to burn her alive. He told her it was to die a dragonrider's death.

A dragonrider's death. It has always been confusing to Aerea. If being burnt alive was a dragonrider's death, did the people in Harrenhall die such a death? She thought about it. She was in her own mind. For days now. No, she thought. A real dragonrider's death was on dragonback, dying in battle.

She heard two knocks on the door. She knew it was her father when she heard him coming closer, he sat next to her as she was staring into the fire of the hearth.

She leaned her head against his arm, as she felt the tears stinging in her eyes, threatening to roll down her cheeks. "Your mother's funeral is tomorrow. We have to fly to Driftmark." Daemon said, as he rubbs her back in a calming manner. Aerea merely nodded her head. "Get ready, we're leaving at noon."

They arrived at Driftmark. Aerea climbed off Aegarax and patted his nose affectionately. Aegarax was large, almost as large as Dreamfyre. Aerea claimed him when she was nine years of age. The girl had a feeling that she was ready to claim a dragon. She told her father, and after a lot of asking, an annoyed Daemon told her they could go to Dragonstone. When she saw the wild dragon, it was love at first sight. Aerea smiled at the memory, making her feel slightly better.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣶⡋⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠠⠒⣶⣶⣿⣿⣷⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣛⣋⣉⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣞⣫⣿⣿⣿⡻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⡀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⣶⣾⡿⠿⠿⠿⠿⠋⠈⠀⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⡈⠙⢆⠀
⠀⠀⠉⠁⠀⠤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⣿⣷⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⣠⣴⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠟⠁⠀⢹⣿⠀⠀⠀
⢠⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⠟⠋⠉⠛⠋⠉⠁⣀⠀⠀⠀⠸⠃⠀⠀⠀
⣿⣿⣿⣿⠹⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡀⠀⢀⡙⢷⣦⣄⡀⠀⠀⠀
⣿⢿⣿⣿⣷⣦⠤⠤⠀⠀⣠⣿⣶⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⠀
⠈⠈⣿⡿⢿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⡿⢿⣿⣿⣁⡀⠀⠀⠉⢻⣿⣧
⠀⢀⡟⠀⠀⠉⠛⠙⠻⢿⣦⡀⠙⠛⠯⠤⠄⠀⠀⠈⠈⣿
⠀⠈⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⠟
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠂⠂⠒⠀⠒⠐⠂⠂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

She walked next to her father. When she saw her grand-parents, they looked devastated. Aerea gave both of them a hug.

Rhaenys and Corlys treated her well, even though it was obvious that Rhaenys preferred Baela and Rhaena. Which was understandable, because they both took after Laena. Aerea took after her father. She had a wild mind. She often took risks and blurts things out, which she later regrets.

Still, she takes after her real mother greatly. The only thing that told people she was truly a Targaryen, were her eyes and Aegarax. Her eyes were purple, identical to Daemon's. But her wavy hair was a shade of light brown. She greatly admired her mother. Her father told her many things about Alerie Tyrell, and how he saw a great deal of her in Aerea. They are both wise, they analyse everything anyone does. Nothing is done without a reason. And they're sharp. Aerea reads emotions like books, sometimes, she even deciphers her father's emotions. Just like Alerie was able to.

After giving her condolences to her grand-parents, Aerea went to her chambers. She took a bath and put on a black dress, to symbolise mourning. She decided to go to Baela's chambers to look for company.