Imagine Thirty Five

"Siddharth.. kya khaayega aaj?" Preeti asked, drying her hands with a towel and sitting beside her brother.

Siddharth shrugged. "Kucch bhi chalega, bas jala hua nahi hona chahiye."

Preeti slapped the back of his head.

Siddharth pouted. "Ay.. Gharelu hinsa nahi chalegi."

Preeti rolled her eyes. "Complaint karega mere khilaf? Kya bolega, didi ne tapli maari, arrest karo?" She asked, raising her eyebrows.

Just then, Rita Maa entered the apartment through the front door. Siddharth grinned and rushed up to her, wrapping his arms around her.

"Preeti pareshaan kar rahi hai Maa.." Siddharth complained to his mother childishly.

Rita Maa cooed at Siddharth and cupped his face. "Mera baccha.."

Siddharth pouted cutely, making Maa smile.

They both returned to the couch and Siddharth immediately rested his head on his mother's lap.

"Aise kar raha hai jaise saalon se nahi mila ho.." Preeti said jokingly. Siddharth glared at her, clinging closer to his mother.

Jiju saw his antics and laughed, joining the trio in the living room. "Kya baatein ho rahi hain?"

"Aapki wife mujhe pareshan kar rahi hai.." Siddharth grumbled.

"Woh toh mujhe bhi saara dinn karti hai, I can't help with that matter." Jiju responded, making Preeti gasp.

"Mein pareshaan karti hoon aapko?" She asked surprised. Jiju grinned at her. "I'm joking baby."

Preeti scowled. "Aaj toh Siddharth tujhe jala hua khaana bhi mil jaaye toh ganeemat samajhna."  She said indifferently.

Oops.

Siddharth coughed slightly. "Yaar.. aise mat kar-- jiju sorry bolo Preeti ko."

Jiju gasped. "You created this mess, now you have to clean it." He retorted.

Siddharth made a puppy face at his sister. Preeti frowned.  "Yeh sab Shehnaaz ke saamne kaam karta hai. I'm not going to melt so easily."

Siddharth blushed. "Vaise meri baby hai hi itni pyaari, kisi se gussa nahi hoti."

"Aur jab hoti hai, toh yeh hulk chota baccha banke peeche ghoomta hai uske, jab tak baat na kar le. Haina?" Shehnaaz asked from behind him.

Siddharth turned to face her and his face broke into the most beautiful smile. "Meri jaan.."

"Kutte.. mujhe lene aana tha na aaj tujhe?" Shehnaaz glared at him. Siddharth gulped, "Mujhe-?"

Shehnaaz whined. "Tu bhool gaya?"

Siddharth stood up from the couch, smiling at her softly. "Sorry meri jaan.." Then he turned to Preeti and pointed. "Yeh preeti hai na.. usne mujhe rok liya tha-- hazaar kaam deti hai yeh ek baar mein.. fir mere dimaag se nikal gaya."

"Aaj tu mere peeche haath dho ke kyon pada hai Siddharth?" Preeti asked surprised.

Shehnaaz shook her head. "Aap tension mat lo Di.." She said softly to her turned to glare at Siddharth. "Galti isi ki hai.. khud hi bola tha ki aayega khud hi bhool gaya kutta."

Preeti giggled softly. "Accha tu baith, mein tere liye pani leke aati hoon."

***

Siddharth tapped her shoulder making Shehnaaz look up at him. "Kya hai?"

"Gussa hai?"

Shehnaaz shook her head.