Chapter 1

[Dear reader,

This story is a work of fiction created for entertainment purposes only. The characters, situations, and dialogues presented in this story are entirely the product of the author's imagination.

We invite you to read this story with an open mind and to enjoy its content as part of the fiction.

Yours sincerely]

Hannam- dong

📍Seoul

⏲4: 30 pm

HAERIN'S POV 

As I walked through the busy streets of the neighborhood, I enjoyed feeling the cool breeze on my face. I headed towards a café, knowing it would be a nice break from the city's hustle and bustle.

When I entered the café, I was greeted by the wonderful smell of fresh coffee. I went up to the counter where a friendly waitress was waiting.

"Good evening, what would you like today?" she asked with a smile.

"I'll have a vanilla latte, please," I said gratefully.

"Great, I'll bring it right over," she replied, quickly entering my order into the register.

While I waited, I felt someone staring at me. I looked over and saw a young man at a nearby table who had been looking at me for a while. I smiled politely at him before looking away to find my book in my backpack.

I sat at a table by the window and started reading my favorite novel. Even though I was focused on the book, I still felt the young man's gaze on me from across the room.

As I read my book, I sensed someone coming towards me. I looked up and saw the guy who had been watching me. He seemed unsure, maybe even a little nervous, but his shy smile showed he was confident.

"Sorry to bother you," he said, sounding unsure, "but I couldn't help but notice how pretty you are. Can I sit with you?"

Surprised by his sudden approach, I looked down, feeling my cheeks go red. "Um, I'm sorry, but I'd rather be alone," I said quietly, trying to hide my embarrassment.

The young man's smile faded a bit, and I could see disappointment in his eyes. But before I could say anything else, his expression changed quickly. His face got serious, and his eyes seemed darker.

"So, you think you're too good for me, huh?" he said harshly, his face twisting into a scornful expression. "You think you're better than everyone else, don't you?"

Taken aback by his sudden change, I moved back in my chair, feeling more and more uncomfortable. "I... I didn't mean it like that," I stuttered, trying to calm things down.

But he kept on making hurtful comments, his words sounding mean. I felt upset and confused, tears welling up in my eyes as I desperately looked for a way out of the situation.

To be continued...