Prologue

The town of Hinashi Cove is a small but vibrant community located on the outskirts of a much larger coastal city. Despite its isolated location and lack of tourism, the town is home to many descendants of explorers who settled the area long ago. The inhabitants of Hinashi Cove possess a sense of reverence towards the sea and are wary of outsiders and strange phenomenon. They are deeply intertwined with the ocean and harbor a deep reverence for its power. Some still believe in the legend of the merfolk, and many others keep their eyes wide open for other supernatural creatures.

             Aquamarine Island lies just off the coast of Hinashi Cove, its shimmering waters glistening in the sunlight. This is where legends say the merfolk once lived and where some still claim to feel their presence from the mainland, but became cursed by sea witches many centuries ago and haunted by those who stayed there until midnight, never returned.

"I don't know why we're doing this", grumbled a disgruntled Hiro Hamada. He and his brother, Tadashi were tasked to catch fish for the festival. It was the founding of hinashi Cove.

Hiro was feeling very frustrated with the task he and Tadashi were given for the Festival. They were supposed to catch fish for the celebration, but he felt like there were much more important things he should be doing.

            "Welp, too bad because we have an important job to do and it's important to the community too," Tadashi reminded Hiro, trying to remain patient and reasonable.

The younger Hamada male groaned in annoyance. He'd rather stayed inside their room and invent new gadgets like he wanted, rather than fishing. Tadashi kept his tone patient and reasonable, trying to remind Hiro that the Festival was important and that their task meant a lot to the community. Hiro was clearly upset and feeling very impatient with the whole situation, but he slowly agreed to go along with it.

            After 3 hours of hard work, Hiro and Tadashi had finally caught enough fish for the Festival. Hiro was feeling less annoyed now that the task was completed, but he still wasn't in the best mood. They now headed towards their aunt Cass' café to help her prepare.

Cass turned around to see her nephews, "Oh there you boys are!" She exclaimed, "How was fishing?" She asked as she took the fish-filled cooler from them.

"It went well!" Replied tadashi enthusiastically, "I wouldn't have done it without Mr. Cranky pants right here!" Joked tadashi as he nudged Hiro on the shoulder.

            "Oh ha ha", said hiro sarcastically, clearly not amused by Tadashi's joke.

"Oh don't be like that, at least you managed to make it through the day without throwing a tantrum and you'll feel better once the festival starts!" he teased with a goofy grin.

"A tantrum? Me?" Hiro scoffed angrily, "I'm not some immature kid, bro."

Tadashi laughed at his brother's reaction, clearly enjoying the fact that he could provoke him so easily.

"C'mon, just cut me some slack bro!"

"Hahah, no way man! It's too easy to make you angry!" Tadashi replied, enjoying the banter.

"AHT AHT! We have a festival to prepare for", chimed in Cassandra, sternly, "You two come help me cook this fish for the festival tonight!" She demanded.

             "Yes ma'am!" Both Tadashi and Hiro replied, promptly following their aunt's orders. Hiro knew better than to argue with her when she was in this stern mood, so he just followed along and put his emotions aside for now. They quickly and efficiently worked together to prepare the fish and get everything ready for the festival that night.